Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recall Letter

Got mine last night, waiting on service department to call back to book it in.

My brake pedal goes soft when I'm sitting stationary with teh foot on the brake, if I pump it then it stay hard...anyone else have this ?

Also... how many miles doe you get out of a set of pads (typically)... I have 12k miles, might ask them to check amount left and if not a lot then see if they'll swap them in while doing the recall. Hopefully only cost me the cost of the pads then.

[snipped].........................

Also... how many miles doe you get out of a set of pads (typically)... I have 12k miles, might ask them to check amount left and if not a lot then see if they'll swap them in while doing the recall. Hopefully only cost me the cost of the pads then.

When I had my first service done after 8,000 miles I was told that the pads were 10% worn.

I'm not a hard driver so I think they should last quite a few miles yet.

Also had a brake recall letter yesterday morning. Is it suggested that I go in with my tank level as low as possible?! Does it get topped up?

Well my car went in yesterday for its Master Cylinder Check.

I got a brand new RX350 SEL for a courtesy car. Nice new sat nav but didn't honestly notice much difference, might have been a bit quieter.

Then when I pick mine back up, £20 of fuel in the tank and a bottle of champagne! :D

Not bad.

Just got mine back from Bolton, Rx350, 06 courtesy car, tank topped up, bottle of Baron Albert Champagne and full valet. The car I had was fitted with air suspension and sounded more more noisy from the back end. No problem with the master brake cylinder.

Hang on a minute. Bolton happens to be my "nearest" dealer but it's a good 45 minute drive. To take my car there would use the thick end of £20 worth of petrol and, overall, I would use a good two hours of my time. What do they value two hours of their time worth? A bottle of champagne - I don't think so!

Hang on a minute. Bolton happens to be my "nearest" dealer but it's a good 45 minute drive. To take my car there would use the thick end of £20 worth of petrol and, overall, I would use a good two hours of my time. What do they value two hours of their time worth? A bottle of champagne - I don't think so!

Very good point, work out how much you are worth per hour and present them with an invoice once the work is carried out, i bet it would be an interesting conversation!!!!!!

Have you asked your dealer if they will come and collect your vehicle?

They did offer that with mine. However at less than a mile away not a problem for me.

My RX 300 goes in to Lexus Edinburgh on the 23rd for its master cylinder to be checked so we'll see what we get. :P

Its also getting its CD auto changer replaced for the second time.

We're getting a IS 250 for a courtesy car.

Me and the wife say no to champagne, she doesn't like the stuff and it gives me a migraine, she would prefer a bunch of flowers.

Neil. :D

Better halfs car went in today on the recall. Collected on time from the office, returned in time to go home, Valetted,visual safety check and report,bottle of champagne, copy of financial times, letter of apology from Lexus GB, fuel tank topped up and appointment made to fix a creaking rear tailgate and to replace a corroded spare wheel. Could not ask for more well done Lexus Bracknell. Anyone who thinks they could do more please tell me which other manufacturer does!!

My RX was due for its inspection on 19th, but it was cancelled by the dealer on 18th who said that Lexus GB have postponed any further recalls and they would call me again if necessary as and when required to re-arrange an appointment.

Just a bit suspicious that as my service is about due, that they have decided to save themselves a bottle of champers and some petrol!

Anyone else had a similar experience?

My RX was due for its inspection on 19th, but it was cancelled by the dealer on 18th who said that Lexus GB have postponed any further recalls and they would call me again if necessary as and when required to re-arrange an appointment.

Just a bit suspicious that as my service is about due, that they have decided to save themselves a bottle of champers and some petrol!

Anyone else had a similar experience?

can't belive you think that your dealer is that cheap !!! reason being that parts have gone on back order so they can't get no inlet manifold gaskets until the 28th of this month. so if the brake servo does require replacing this cannont be done, and why would the dealer be bothered about a bottle of champers and £20.00 of petrol when the bottle of champers comes from lexus g.b. and and they re-claim the £20.00 back from lexus g.b and also the labour charge so all in all they will not loose out except for re-tail work they cannot book in whilst these re-calls are going on

so to answer the question about which dealer will give the best service-- the answer is all of them they will all give the same a bottle of champers and £20.00 of fuel

From experience I know that they are just car dealers - nothing more or less. The lexus brand image no longer holds any mystique for me im afraid. Perhaps if they had come up with a better explanation at the time then I wouldnt have been suspicious.

To be honest, Im not really bothered about the fuel and bubbly, nor the brake servo.

What Im hoping for is a brake failure in the meantime so I can crash and sue for a tidy sum. Or my executor if I dont make it :P .

Oh and while theyre about it, they can fix the damn lurching. Pursuit of perfection my :tsktsk: