Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clarkson On 'the Crash'

Kremmen

Clarkson makes sense. If they ban or try to tone down top gear they should ban james bond movies and the likes from TV, cop shows, all sports and anything that doesn't comply with 100% safety. Good luck getting your windows cleaned on your high rise building mr beaurocrat.

sadly in Britain today there is no such thing as an accident - according to the HSE everything happens for a reason and there must be someone to blame. It is what justifies the expense of an army of HSE jobsworths.

Take the advert where "someone was given the wrong type of ladder", fell off and sued for compensation. When common sense prevailed the respone would have been "if you are too stupid to blindly accept a ladder not fit for the job then you deserve to fall off it you gimp". Nowadays it would have been somebody's fault that they hadn't provided a ladder identification course for the tagnut who subsequently fell off.

:excl:

sadly in Britain today there is no such thing as an accident - according to the HSE everything happens for a reason and there must be someone to blame. It is what justifies the expense of an army of HSE jobsworths.

Take the advert where "someone was given the wrong type of ladder", fell off and sued for compensation. When common sense prevailed the respone would have been "if you are too stupid to blindly accept a ladder not fit for the job then you deserve to fall off it you gimp". Nowadays it would have been somebody's fault that they hadn't provided a ladder identification course for the tagnut who subsequently fell off.

:excl:

Under the "Working at Height Regulations 2005" it is generally accepted that ladders are not to be used :D

Go on any site now and you must use scaffold.

Anyway as i see it Richard Hammond decided that he wanted to drive the car, he, same as everyone else has the right not to carry out a task that he thinks is unsafe. It was his decision to drive the car and I am sure that every precaution that could be taken with regard to driving a car at speeds in excess of 300 mph were taken.

Clarkson is correct in what he says and I see no reason that the show should be pulled either.