Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Buying A Altezza

trd altezza

Depends on the Altezza, an AS would be dog meat however an RS is a whole different ball game.

The RS200 6MT produces 210BHP and the tiptronic version is 200 as standard. There is plenty of scope for tuning both.

My RS200 Tip will keep up with a Civic Type R no worries. Think what a manual one will do

Oh and welcome to LOC you are in the right place for Tezza info.

Depends on the Altezza, an AS would be dog meat however an RS is a whole different ball game.

The RS200 6MT produces 210BHP and the tiptronic version is 200 as standard. There is plenty of scope for tuning both.

My RS200 Tip will keep up with a Civic Type R no worries. Think what a manual one will do

im searously thinking of buying this black altezza.what are the like to maintain?

im searously thinking of buying this black altezza.what are the like to maintain?

Same as any other car really, all usual service bits are available so no problems with parts.

Is it the car an AS or an RS?

Same as any other car really, all usual service bits are available so no problems with parts.

Is it the car an AS or an RS?

its a rs200.will any toyota dealer be able to service it?

its a rs200.will any toyota dealer be able to service it?

Are you importing it yourself? Not sure if all Toyota Dealers will service it but Carroll and Kinsella Lexus in DeansGrange in Dublin will do it for you. It would be worth ringing around a few dealers near you and see will they service it. Looks good in black i only have mine a month and love it. And yes faster than a type R, but once the limiter kicks in at 120! That can easily be removed with an Apexi RSM. Do you know if its the Z edition and check whether is has LSD, that can help in the wet!

any toyota garage ive gone to have told me

we will not service it but if you need any parts we will be glad to supply them

i love my altezza tho im unsure how good the standard one would compair to a type r standard in a strait line . im pritty sure due to the weight the type r would win .

which garage are you going to buy it from . when i was looking for mine i went to view every garage in the country that had altezza's

im driviing a 00 civic type r at the moment and im lookibg for something stylish comfortable and fast.i was looking at this one its a 99 with the trd kit.

a few people said to me that my type r would kill an altezza would they be right??

Welcome to the club mate

I would say both civic and altezza as standard a pretty evenly matched

both have very similar 0-60 times (I think around 7.2sec)

tezza's top speed, Fast :winky:

and the best bit rear wheel drive,

letting the front wheels do the steering and the back do the driving

Buy it, and get tuning

I have had DC2, DC5 and EK4 and driven EK9 before and you cant really compare the drive between FF (Honda) and FR (altezza) but after I had my altezza and I didnt think of buying a Honda again as the driving ability and skill to drive. Specially the stlyling and comfort of the car.

Anyway welcome to LOC

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?f...mp;carID=474898

:offtopic: sorry, but y do people say it has a yamaha engine???? :tomato:

The 3S-GE in the Altezza is a Gen 4 "Black Top" with dual VVTi, the cylinder head was designed by Yamaha and mated with the Gen 4 "Red Top" block that only had single VVTi on the inlet camshaft. Hence the Yamaha bit.

The BEAMS part is a generic term used by Toyota in Japan for a VVTi engine.

At least that is my understanding but I do stand to be corrected :)

210 bhp as standard

if he's claiming it to be more ask to see so dyno figures and what mods have been done

i think a might import myself cos i cant find the right one.ye murphy and gunn are doen the road from me and they do lexus so im ok for that.

Check out Jap Imports Direct

Thats my uncles place and thats where i bought mine. Might be worth ringing up too, he might have a more up to date stock list over the phone

I had a Civic Type R for a week, living with it i can tell you the fuel consumption is very similar on the Altezza. Performance wise the Type R also has more go at lower revs. The VTEC sounds So much nicer. Handling the Type R owns it too. Thats how they fair stock. But given some mods the RS200 will handle superbly... put some coily's on it and your set...

I had a Civic Type R for a week, living with it i can tell you the fuel consumption is very similar on the Altezza. Performance wise the Type R also has more go at lower revs. The VTEC sounds So much nicer. Handling the Type R owns it too. Thats how they fair stock. But given some mods the RS200 will handle superbly... put some coily's on it and your set...

i found a 01 turbo altezza but its automatic do you think it will have a bit of poke in it.

014493.jpg

i found a 01 turbo altezza but its automatic do you think it will have a bit of poke in it.

014493.jpg

Yup, I had a bit of fun with a 530 Beemer today that could not keep up the a NA Tezza Tip :D