Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warped Discs?

puresilk

Hi Guys

I have done 26K since all 4 discs and pads were changed!

However, recently I have noticed that braking down hard from 80MPH - 50MPH on the motorway I get steering wheel judder and I presume my discs are warped?

It doesnt happen at at lower speeds and the discs are only 16 months old!

What would be good replacements im thinking of Cross Drilled and Groved discs and I have seen Tar Ox, Black Diamond, G Force, Red Dot etc ??

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

:question:

sounds like what i had, 26,000 miles isnt long for a set of discs, if you get some new ones check that all your calipers are working correctly otherwise your just replace discs then there warp as well.

Ive got DBA 4000 gold serise drilled and slotted look really nice and seem to be stopping me pretty well on crappy pads :)

I have the same, had new tyres (needed doing) and wheels balenced with no effect, I now have some Prolex grooved discs and mintex pads on the way, all beingfitted next week ready for Japshow at Santa Pod...will let ya know

sounds like what i had, 26,000 miles isnt long for a set of discs, if you get some new ones check that all your calipers are working correctly otherwise your just replace discs then there warp as well.

Ive got DBA 4000 gold serise drilled and slotted look really nice and seem to be stopping me pretty well on crappy pads :)

Hi ELLZ

Thanks for the advice! I have taken alook at them and they look awesome!

Where can I get these discs from!

I have tried search engines but I cant actually order these for my IS200 as the only site I found that sold them were for IS300!

Do you have a site i can go to please?

B)

Check the brake calipers aren't sticking and make sure the wheel nuts are tightened to the correct torque otherwise they will just warp again.

If a garage takes a wheel off then when you get it back undo the nuts and tighten them back up again correctly as they will certainly be over tightened.

There is nothing wrong with the stock discs. They are the same as fitted to the series II GS430 which is heavier, more powerful and an auto which means it should be much more demanding on the brakes than a manual IS200.

TDI sell them mate, there not cheap but probably worth it LOL

Make sure u get your gold discount if u are a goldie and also when fitting the discs check the calipers and pistons etc or your just warp the new set

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links