Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Leather?

Duffman

My first post here so take it easy.. lol

My dad purchased a brand new GS450h a couple of weeks ago and am abosolutely in love with the brand now...

Which is why I soon plan to buy an old shape IS200....

Been hanging around eBay and Autotrader but have never come across an IS with FULL leather interior?

Is this normal... Has anyone actually got full leather in an IS... Its quite dissapointing if you ask me...

BTW... Im 19 and am planning to buy it for my 21st Birthday so quite a while away yet :winky: But got to plan ahead. (15 months)..

:offtopic: Oh and being young, i like my music LOUD and CRISP... Whats the audio like on the lexus... Im almost definately getting a Sport model... Whats the audio like? I like me Bass :D

:driving:

My first post here so take it easy.. lol

My dad purchased a brand new GS450h a couple of weeks ago and am abosolutely in love with the brand now...

Which is why I soon plan to buy an old shape IS200....

Been hanging around Ebay and Autotrader but have never come across an IS with FULL leather interior?

Is this normal... Has anyone actually got full leather in an IS... Its quite dissapointing if you ask me...

BTW... Im 19 and am planning to buy it for my 21st Birthday so quite a while away yet :winky: But got to plan ahead. (15 months)..

:offtopic: Oh and being young, i like my music LOUD and CRISP... Whats the audio like on the lexus... Im almost definately getting a Sport model... Whats the audio like? I like me Bass :D

Welcome to the club 'Duffman'

I just got an IS200 sport in July......the best car ever! Top Banana!

Sounds in the lex (music system) is good, really good. When purchasing your model, when you get round to it, make sure the CD changer is the later model with the slot at the top of the player as the older ones give problems - so i have been told.

Also on the leather front, i dont belive there to be many 'FULL' leather IS200 about as i was looking for the same. You'll most likely to get the full leather interior on a IS300 but i doubt you'll be getting one of those at 21, insurance will kill you... :crying:

Belive me when i say that you cannot go wrong with purchasing a Lex IS. I was planning on getting a BMW.....Im so glad i didint now!!!! B)

:driving:

Think the is300 only had leather interior.....someone correct me if im wrong...

Yup, the IS200 was half leather and the IS300 full leather.

Dare say you could pick up a set of IS300 seats from a breakers and swap over if you wanted.

the leather & escaine does look pretty good though (escaine is a faux suede, but looks like proper suede except doesn't have the same problems as proper suede) the front seats have full leather backs, side bolsters & headrests, only the middle part of the seat and seatback is escaine, ditto for the rear seats.

IS300 = Standard.

Damn, didn't you guys ever get a loan courtesy car from Lexus ?? They all had full leathers .......... :yawn: :)

Nope :unsure: When I got a courtesy car from Lexus it was the IS250 :P

BTW I have full leather on my 05 SE :D

Ash

Yh, Im only going for the is200 as it will kill me on the insurance... Im actually going to be looking at the earlier models as they will be cheaper...

Were there many problems with them?