Sign in to follow this  
stuwood

Where To Support Car

Hello All

Can anyone tell me where exactly where to put axel stands to support the IS200, both front & rear please?

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

Hello All

Can anyone tell me where exactly where to put axel stands to support the IS200, both front & rear please?

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

I place the axle stands in the places where the supplied scissor jack is designed to go. I use a block of rubber in between the car and the stand to prevent damage. It has a slot cut along its length to fit properly.

I don't normally support the car on axle stands, I jack it up on trolley jacks and place axle stands under the chassis rails just in case. Or jack the car up and put ramps under the wheels.

Hi,

Like macRS200 says,

there is a square hollow section running along from front to back under each side of the car.Thats the place to put the jacks/stands under to support the load of the car.

if i jack up the car, i usually stick the wheel that i take off under car next to the jack , in case...

Thanks all for the speedy replies.

Fargo, have you had any problems jacking up the car with it being lowered?

Cheers.

Stuart

Thanks all for the speedy replies.

Fargo, have you had any problems jacking up the car with it being lowered?

Cheers.

Stuart

Mine is lowered about 50mm and I can't get a trolley jack under it or drive it onto ramps. I need to use the scissor jack to lift the car up a bit and then slide a trolley jack under.

@ Fargo I would not go under a car with just a wheel slid under it as back up. If the car fell there would not be enough space to stop you being seriously hurt. If you are just doing brake pads it would be OK.