Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm Supposed To Be On Holiday

peter026

Monday was our Coral wedding anniversary, so in June we booked a weeks holiday to Luxor. The travel agent assured us that the airline ( Monarch ) had a premier cabin with extra leg room seats, so I booked these at an extra cost. Any one here flown with Monarch will know that the seat pitch is 29" for economy, and my hip to knee measurement is 27", so I would be cramped up for the whole journey if we flew in economy.

Monarch

We left home at 0510 hrs Monday, the day of our anniversary, arrived at Gatwick check in and found that the flight did not have premier seating, even though we had paid for it, and did not have any extra leg room seats at all for us, and to add insult to injury gave us seats away from each other. I refused to take these seats as they were not what we paid for. They tried to find us an alternative airline with a premier cabin, so we were shunted from desk to desk after being told that this airline had two premier seats available, by the time we got to the check in these had gone.

Back to the tour desk and back onto the phone to the tour operator, who tried to find us an alternative holiday. came back 20 Min's later with Morocco on the Wed for 7 nights. This was no good at all. I work for myself and have clients booked in for Tues, and Alison had to back at work on Wednesday. Plus if I wanted to go to Morocco I would have booked it myself, The Agent who sold us the Holiday which didn't exist apologised, and promised a full refund. I hope we get it sooner rather than later.

Now instead of sunning it in Luxor, we are going to spend 3 nights in Ilfracombe :yawn:

Aww what a pain in the bum for you and Alison :crybaby:

I know Ilfracombe is not a touch on Luxor but I hope you both have a great time reliving the honeymoon week you had 35yrs ago :winky:

Congratulations to you both on such a wonderful milestone :D

That's the way that airlines work now, ooops sorry, they have overbooked on those seats banking on "No Shows", we can give you a seat anyway "will you take it?" 99% say yes OK cos i'm on holiday and I want to be there so I will take it. Go for compensation on top of a refund as it was a special occasion that you cannot repeat.

Anyway rant over, have a great time wherever you go and congatulations on 35 years together to you and Alison :D

minimum legal amount of leg room an airline from the UK has to give you is 6" from the front of the seat cushion to the back of the seat in front.

Seat pitch in case people dont know is measured from the front floor mounting point of the seat to the same point on the seat in front / back