Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ba

Tango

Just received a mail from BA saying my flight out of Houston in 6 hours time is cancelled, and the reason? "Technical" problems with the aircraft coming out from the UK :duh: Any bets on the flight out being so poorly booked that they decided not to run it? :shutit: Bar stewards.....

...........just having a rant :D :angry:

Unlucky, but i'm sure there could be worse places to be stuck :)

...been stuck there too.... Angola, Nigeria, Amsterdam (often), Mexico City. :huh: ... and Dublin for 24 hours for a 40 minute flight :ohmy:

...been stuck there too.... Angola, Nigeria, Amsterdam (often), Mexico City. :huh: ... and Dublin for 24 hours for a 40 minute flight :ohmy:

May I ask what you do, you jetsetter ;)

So what are you going to do now as well? when will they give you another flight? get any freebies :)

May I ask what you do, you jetsetter ;)

So what are you going to do now as well? when will they give you another flight? get any freebies :)

Trying to get an upgrade to 1st on a flight tomorrow but the knock-on has them all full :D so fat chance...and I work in Exploration & Production for a well known British Company. :whistling:

A few years ago we were flying home from gatwick to Shannon (Ireland), we had to wait FOUR hours while they REPAIRED the plane.... made for a very nervous flight home i can tell you .....

No need to be worried, as a licenced aircraft engineer I can tell you that any engineer does ( although there are exceptions) take the job seriously because if not we can end up going to jail if negligence is shown. Also modern aircraft have so many redundant systems built in even is something does failit isnt a problem, the flight crew turn the system off( if allowed) and swap to the standby system if required.