Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharging An Rs200

Last I heard Zee was running just below the 300 bhp mark with his Turbo'd tezza... Will probably be more by now.

Not sure what Mr Singh is running with his supercharger. I think he might have a couple of minor issues with it still :unsure:

Blitz s/c....

It could do with some work, but if you want aggressive power delivery its that, in handfulls.

Zees car was producing 280hp.

The s/c kit out of the box will give you around 265-280hp, depending on other mods.

There isn't a boost/pulley upgrade, unless its custom. I have a custom pulley machined giving me around 0.65bar.

Biggest problem is the Alt to Crankshaft belt. The amount of stress that is put on the belt when the clutch on the s/c is engaged means it eats belts. The best way to overcome it breaking is to set the tension to the tightest possible. It has to be very tight indeed, and after 1000 miles, Tighten it... this way it will last. But the way the power is put onto the crank is triggered by the TPS (throttle position sensor) you can set it from 5% to 90% throttle. Meaning, clutch will be engaged on the s/c pulley at you given TPS Setting.

You Don't want to have it @ 5%, you'll leap 30ft fwd without a blinking an eyelid, the torque is savage!

The problems i have is i don't have the Access ECU Upgrade. Meaning, when you purchase the s/c kit, you are meant to send your Stock ECU to Blitz so they can effectively chip it for positive boost pressure. With a Stock ECU, it hasn't got a clue how to react to Boost. It will overfuel, underfuel... basically run like a bag of plop. With this you won't have any issues, but would require it to be put back to stock if u removed it.

Now i have a Apexi Power FC (turbo version) i can dial it in. And pull upto 20-30hp more with some exstensive mapping.

I've done pwr runs of 230rwhp (280hp) and thats with ***** poor fueling... like injectors running @ 120%!!! :lol:

I'm hoping for over 300HP, with a mountain of torque to boot.

Oh, say 'cya!!!!!!!' to your fuel consumption.... 14mpg at best when on boost.

14mpg at best when on boost.

:ohmy: I may just stick to the NA mods I've got planned

I think it will be wee bit better once its all dialled in, well i hope so :lol:

Zees turbo was little better, but still it was quite poor..