Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fancy A Laugh.... Have One Free On Me

Tony-Bones

Picture the scenario, kids have gone to school, wife to work, just me and the mutt at home and she wants a walk. So i thought right off the pc quick visit to the toilet then walk the dog....

When i attempted to leave the toilet and turned the handle nothing happened..... For whatever reason the handle and the lock were not connecting... i tried so hard the handle bent! What to do? there was no point shouting for help the house was empty and would be for several hours, i said to myself (edited version 'Flip')

Knowing the dog was overdue for her walk so the prospect for a carpet pond with an accompanying captains log very possible this fell into insignificance when i realized there was i lighted cigarette downstairs. When i was young i was badly burnt so fire rates high in my panic factor..... Now i am panicking big time!

I tried pushing the door out but the frame was to strong... i couldn't kick the door though, nothing on my feet, obviously no tools were available... now i am in a blind panic!!!!!

Right i thought i have one option? With my finger nails i managed to slowly undo the screws that hold the handle on... Eventually the handle was removed 'now i have a tool'... Using my vast knowledge of door Geometry :whistling: I hacked at the wood, after an hour or so with cut hands i eventually cut a hole through the door that allowed sufficient leverage for me to pull the door in.

Nightmare...... Happily the dog retained her dignity and i immediately took her for the walk....contemplating my family's response and with a relived smile on my face i now need to explain how i blew the bloody door off the bog :D

:D :D :D :D ouch my sides!!! :offtopic: the cigarette?

It burned and fell into the ashtray... Scary or what? Today i nearly become a statistic.... Anyway when the wife got home from work i just showed her this thread.... After much almost hysterical laughter all was understood... the same laughter was displayed by the kids :unsure: Seemingly i am joke of the week.... Yes indeed very funny now but at the time things were not so comical.

I might patent this thread and send it to Mr Bean, it's so ridiculous words need not describe the emotions.

Ahhhhh

lmao at the Shinning scene, damn funny :lol:

Panic and the handle suggests that image :D Jugging by the emails and pm's this topic will be in the papers tomorrow in the 'laugh of the day section' you know the comical idiotic topic that relives the news. In my defence the situation was one that could happen to anyone isn't it :whistling: