Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 430 Lpg

AKY-B

HI EVERYONE. :) I AM A NEW LEXUS CONVERT!. :D I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A 2002 430 PREM PK.LUVVLY!

I USE IT FOR MY JOB(CHAUFFEURING) AND DO APPROX 55K MILES A YEAR.I HAVE RUN MERCS B4 BUT THE LEXUS IS SOMETHING ELSE!. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE OF RUNNING THE LS ON LPG.IT IS SOMETHING I AM CONSIDERING AS MY MERC S CLASS RUNS FINE ON IT.

ANY REPLIES WOULD B APPRECIATED.

THANX PS I PROBABLY PUT THIS IN WRONG SECTION!DOOH!!

HI EVERYONE. :) I AM A NEW LEXUS CONVERT!. :D I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A 2002 430 PREM PK.LUVVLY!

I USE IT FOR MY JOB(CHAUFFEURING) AND DO APPROX 55K MILES A YEAR.I HAVE RUN MERCS B4 BUT THE LEXUS IS SOMETHING ELSE!. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE OF RUNNING THE LS ON LPG.IT IS SOMETHING I AM CONSIDERING AS MY MERC S CLASS RUNS FINE ON IT.

THANX

Hi and welcome to LOC,

i had my ls400 converted when i got it over 4 yrs ago ive since done nearly 80k mainly on gas and the car now has nearly 190k on lt well worth the conversion cost:) i hope this helps

Andy

THANX

Hi and welcome to LOC,

i had my ls400 converted when i got it over 4 yrs ago ive since done nearly 80k mainly on gas and the car now has nearly 190k on lt well worth the conversion cost:) i hope this helps

Andy

HI TO U.THANKS FOR UR REPLY.HOPE TO SAVE £££££'S

on the internet, typing in CAPITALS is the equivalent of shouting in real life...just to let u know :D

That's right Maneesh, or should I say PIMP (in capitals) :lol:

on the internet, typing in CAPITALS is the equivalent of shouting in real life...just to let u know :D

That's right Maneesh, or should I say PIMP (in capitals) :lol:

i may b a pimp :winky: but what about anyones experiences on lpg???????? :P

• 3 months later...

Hi, ref running LS400/430 s on lpg, They are one of the best vehicles to convert, a good freind of mine converted his own 6 years and 90,000 miles ago and has had no probs with it, He also used only a very basic kit with 1 mixer & no lamba sensor set up. He recons its the best way to go , slightly less economy than a multi point system, but only about £400 to do & much less to go wrong. There is a company on eBay suplying, fitting & certifing kits for around the £650 mark based in Cardiff and Cornwell.

I will be doing my ls400 when I get it. best of luck Mark

hiya manicmark,could you post an e/bay link for this company as I must be thick,i cant locate it at all !! cheers. Ian

Hi Ian the company in cardiff isnt advertising right at this moment here is anouther in devon around same price ozonlpg tel 01752249915 hope this helps Mark

• 3 years later...

I've just posted an update on my LS430 conversion somewhere else in the forums - try searching for it. In summary I would recommend so far (only done 1000 miles, so can't vouch for longevity yet). Fuel economy suffers by 23% in my case, so factor that into your maths, but at 55k miles per year you'll pay back in under 12 months anyway. you MUST make sure you get an oiler kit fitted since all jap cars have soft valve seats which wear excessively with lpg (much 'drier' fuel)

I've just posted an update on my LS430 conversion somewhere else in the forums - try searching for it. In summary I would recommend so far (only done 1000 miles, so can't vouch for longevity yet). Fuel economy suffers by 23% in my case, so factor that into your maths, but at 55k miles per year you'll pay back in under 12 months anyway. you MUST make sure you get an oiler kit fitted since all jap cars have soft valve seats which wear excessively with lpg (much 'drier' fuel)

mines beenm great the last 15k since i've had it fitted :) multi-point with flashlube.

Hi Aky-B,

I got mine converted when I bought it at 143,000 miles. I'm just coming up to 225,000 miles so I've done 80k so far. Like you I'm a PHD and do similar mileage, definitely recommended.

I had a Ford Scorpio 4 cyl 2.3 litre before. This was also gassed and I did over 250,000 miles on it with the gas before selling it on e-bay for twice what I wanted owing to the atractiveness of the gas installation.

The point about a lube system for the valve seats is a must. It adds to the cost, startup and ongoing but with the miles we do it pays in the long run - protects your investment.

I paid nearly £2,500 for my prins multipoint system. £400 sounds very attractive. I guess if you can find people with Lexuses who've had it done and it lasts for high mileage without damaging the car then it's got to be worth considering.

Regards,

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links