Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Running Windows Vista (sort Of)

Signed up for the windows vista test recently and have just got round to installing it. Been a bit of a swine to install it took 3 attempts in all. The biggest bug so far is i can't find vista support for my modem so i am waiting till updated drivers come out before i take it online.

So far after a few quick browses it looks alot better than XP, it runs smoother and quicker and the games look better for some reason.

There is one thing i have noticed that will smack of plagerism for the mac owners out there, i have found a folder called panther in the windows directory but as i have no experience with mac OS i can't tell if they look the same or what.

I'll give it some time up and running before i make my final decision but at the moment i may upgrade when it is released proper

Will this be more stable than XP, although XP is supposed to be virtually crash proof, ( I haven't had one yet), But occasionally I get IE freeze up.

Keep us updated Austin :winky: Should be interesting

Mac users have been using all the features of Vista for over 2 years. In a virus-free world.

http://www.apple.com/macosx

Vista is only going to impress people who are used to XP.

Vista is going to be a trainwreck. (If it EVER comes out)

At least it will keep the IT support guys in work for the next 7 years. (CTRL-ALT-DEL)

*long sigh*

Mac users have been using all the features of Vista for over 2 years. In a virus-free world.

At least it will keep the IT support guys in work for the next 7 years. (CTRL-ALT-DEL)

*long sigh*

i have never used any other OS other than windows, was tempted by linux once but i passed. If i could try using the mac OS on a normal pc i would but the rumours about a working one on a pc were sadly over stated.

You say virus free but if the majority had macs then i am sure someone would have made a virus by now, however ihave an open mind about these things and i have heard lots of good things about macs.

If you want to send me a powermac to try out i'd willingly oblige :D

So what are the bad things coming along with vista then if you say "trainwreck"

*long sigh*

Just bought my second apple Machine! Love them. No problems at all. Enjoy all the genuine and original features of Tiger!

Redmond, start your photocopiers!

I run a Mac shop at home and don't think I'd ever switch back, only really thought about getting another PC to run some stuff at home for work / learning server 2003 etc but to be honest I'll probably just buy a PowerMac Pro and dual boot that for what I need.

The version of IE included with Vista is much closer to Firefox than the previous builds in previous versions of Windows, it supports things like tabbed browsing out of the box and brings a whole host of other new features, personally on the Mac I use a browser called Camino which is an even more lightweight browser from Mozilla designed especially for the Mac, I like it, simple and fast and does everything I need :)

@ Craig - hello mate not seen you on here for ages! How's things going?

I am fine mate, pop on here on the odd occasion to see whos still around and to catch up on whats going on,

still missing my lex, have lost all interest in the rover..lol keep tempting myself to get anothe lex, just a little disapointed still at how easily the other one wrecked,

anyway back on subject, @ LEGENDSWRAITH,

have you got yours saved on disc as i have my product key still just cant download the file anymore as its been taken off!!! arghh always my luck.. lol

cheers craig

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links