Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Timing Chain 220d

HI

I know that the 250 has a timing chain rather than belt but is this the same for the diesel engine

thanks

alan

yes. and it has to be replaced after 100.000miles or 6 years, I think.

HI

I know that the 250 has a timing chain rather than belt but is this the same for the diesel engine

thanks

alan

I thort the perpous of having a chain is to stop it needing changing? Im no mecanic I was just under the impression. makes sense tho that it would need changing but why go to the expense when there belts last that long?

Craig

HI

thanks

alan

I thort the perpous of having a chain is to stop it needing changing? Im no mecanic I was just under the impression. makes sense tho that it would need changing but why go to the expense when there belts last that long?

Craig

I agree Chains should not wear out on the Mercs the are not replaced I will check this out with Lexus

alan

Chains do wear. Ask anyone who owned Merc w123 230e...you get 90-120,000 miles, alls perfect. Then when you switch the ignition off the engine stops and you can actually see it shake and watch it run backwards!! Horrible!

I'm sure things have improved...

Whilst they are less likely to break, they have tensioners etc which need careful adjustment, and oil changes are very important as the chain (unlike a belt, obviously) is lubricated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links