Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is This Fraud?

Check out this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=3107816338

I'm pretty sure this is not a Lexus RX300, but a Toyota Harrier given it's age, supposed engine size, and the odd passenger side mirror at the front.

Surely some poor soul is going to buy this not realising this is not an official Lexus. The seller makes no mention that it is imported or rebadged.

What do you think?

I've asked the seller to confirm it's identity (not that I'm interested in buying it), but if he doesn't update his description then I am going to report it to eBay.

-- I'm in a complaining mood today! ;)

There was a case a few years back of a used car dealer selling a Soarer,basically he rebadged it with Lexus emblems.I believe he was fined a few thousand quid

I read in a book about the history of Lexus that for a while there was a lot of this.

If memory serves, some enterprising soul was importing soarers and re-badging them regularly, as their was quite a market.

I think the 'best' example was a re-badged soarer that was sold for excess of £40k, when the soarer cost £29k brand new in Japan

I've asked the seller to confirm it's identity (not that I'm interested in buying it), but if he doesn't update his description then I am going to report it to ebay.

-- I'm in a complaining mood today!  ;)

I wouldn't bother reporting anything to eBay, The only thing you can do is email the bidders via eBay warning them of the possibility of the car not being all it seems.

I was recently ripped off by a seller, eBay were not interested. After reading there BB rules it would appear that everything is set up to protect the rip-off sellers and no protection for buyers who are ripped off. I named the guy who ripped me off in thread and the thread was removed and eBay sent me a email saying I wasn't allowed to name sellers that were ripping buyers off.

Looking at the guys feedback, he only has 1 neg feed back and guess what for,

miss-representation.

Well, this is the response I got from eBay - really disappointing to see them not act on this kind of information. Also got a response (finally) from seller who confirms it is a Japanese import. I've told them they MUST update their description to clearly say this.

->

Hello,

Thank you for writing with your concern. Please remember that eBay acts only as a venue for sales. As we never take possession of the items offered for sale, we cannot authenticate them. We ask that sellers list

items honestly and accurately, and that bidders ask any pertinent questions before placing a bid.

We do not permit the listing of fake items on eBay: however, we can only

use the information provided within the listing text, as we do not have the item itself. This may mean that we cannot remove items reported to us, as the content of the listing is not sufficient evidence of an infringement. To retain the consistency and integrity of our policies, we must be careful that we act only on actual listing evidence.

We do not police the site: this is why you may see active items which are in violation, and we encourage you to report those to us. We instead

use reports from concerned users and rights owners.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter, and wish you continued trading success.

Best wishes,

Willy Smith

eBay Trust and Safety

Well, this is the response I got from eBay - really disappointing to see them not act on this kind of information.  Also got a response (finally) from seller who confirms it is a Japanese import.  I've told them they MUST update their description to clearly say this.

->

Hello,

Thank you for writing with your concern. Please remember that eBay acts only as a venue for sales. As we never take possession of the items offered for sale, we cannot authenticate them. We ask that sellers list

items honestly and accurately, and that bidders ask any pertinent questions before placing a bid.

We do not permit the listing of fake items on eBay: however, we can only

use the information provided within the listing text, as we do not have the item itself. This may mean that we cannot remove items reported to us, as the content of the listing is not sufficient evidence of an infringement. To retain the consistency and integrity of our policies, we must be careful that we act only on actual listing evidence.

We do not police the site: this is why you may see active items which are in violation, and we encourage you to report those to us. We instead

use reports from concerned users and rights owners.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter, and wish you continued trading success.

Best wishes,

Willy Smith

eBay Trust and Safety

No surprises with ebay's response,

Ref my enquiry I recd a reply from a Jennifer Coates and she said' I am away on leave until Saturday I will let you know then'

(My request was that in the vehicle registration document what is the name and model ?)

i got the reply stating that it was a right hand drive import from japan. - so no it is not a genuine lexus ie its a toyota harrier.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links