Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shark Fin Aerial

OK how annoying is this.

My mrs bought me one of those cheapy alloy bee sting aerials for my Lex and untill now it was secured tightly on the car.

last night i stayed at the inlaws and some :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: didnt only knick the Aerial they managed to break the bloody mount in half too.

I have bought one of the over mount hollow Shark fins to protect the gaping hole in my Aerial untill i can get a proper replacemt.

Anyway trawling through eBay i found this and wondered if anyone had actually bought one and fitted it?

I basically want to know if it still gets a reasonable reception or if its crap.

Cheers in advance

the reception is quite good. not much difference to the original aerial.

make sure the base of the shark fin aerial is big enough to cover the aerial mount on your car.

i can offer you a 99.9% new black alloy shark fin aerial for 12pounds including p&p, thats the one i got it off eBay 1 week ago, but i couldnt fit it on due to the size of base, but in your case if your mount was broken, it should fit yours. leave me a pm if want this.

simon

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 years later...

I have just bought one too. Was it hard to change it over?

Last post on this thread was 2006...and Bloodygoodbloke hasen't been online since 2009.

But if you stick up a picture of what you've got (as I'm sure none of the people involved in the original post will see this. lol) then I'm sure there will be someone who can help.

Got it all sprayed up and fitted.

Its not as good as the standard aerial but most of my journy is round Edinburgh so it will do.

Its looks smarter than i thoguh.

I will post pics as soon as i can

were in edinburgh you from??i work in edinburgh and live in penicuik..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links