Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Burning Own Cd's For Use In Is200

I tried burnign a couple of CD's for the car and none seem to work. all give me an Error code and its annoying.

I gave up buying CD's when i got my first ipod (about 5 years ago) and untill someone brings out a nice car kit for the new nano im stuck with my Old cd's

Anyone ever got a brand of blank cd to work in the changer?

as above burn as slow as possible

Yep and when burning dont use the computer. You should have it as the only program running. Gives you better burning results. I use nero burning Rom, seems to be the most reliable. I use TDK disks and burn at 2.4x Ye and make sure you burn it as an Audio CD. Try it in a other cd player in the house. If it works there and not in your car, you have a problem with your HU.

Hope that helps

As time goes by, the laser head on any optical reader willl eventually detriorate - e.g. Playstations, Lexus IS CD player.

I used to have no problems playing any of my own compiled CDs, regardless of burn speed (I hate waiting!), but about a year ago, some CDs started to fail to be read (with your ERR1 code)

Another side effect is that the tracks towards the end of a CD (when the player has to spin at its fastest speed) start to skip.

Sooooo, either try cleaning your CD laser head (with the standard CD lens cleaner CDs), or get a new/replacement HU.

Lexus give 5 years warranty on the IS audio system - you may still be in warranty?

D.

• 1 month later...

Thanks that was some useful information there. Mines is working at the moment and i burng at 8x or 16x and plays fine. This is such a nice car but seems to have many bugs/problems, such an such going wrong etc etc. Still love the car tho.

Im hopefully going to get an mp3 device fitted in soon before this cd player problem arises. Thats after i get a sub and amp fitted tho.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links