Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Does My Car Rattle?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No But I do have that Cracking Noise coming from the Dash :blink: (by the vent)sounds like a stone hitting the windscreen. :crybaby: will get Lexus to sort out when in for 1st service

Oh yes, I forgot, I have this as well, after about 20 minutes of driving. Do you know what it is?

I have put my car (IS220d) in for a little bit of work to my dealer. I have a car from them (IS250 auto). This car doesn't rattle at all. My seats and drivers door rattle :angry:

Does any one have the same issue??

The rattles have been well documented on here since the first second generation IS 's were delivered. People say it's only an issue when the temperature drops, but if you read the American forums (Club Lexus in particular) they say they get the rattles when the temperature increases :blink: . There's no differention between the 220/250/350 either. Whatever, Lexus UK are certainly aware of the various rattles and appear to have fixes for them in place.

Fortunately my IS250 SE-L, despite being one of the first delivered, does not rattle. I also believe that, apart perhaps tyre noise, the IS250 cabin is so quiet it makes any rattle unbearable. :)

I have put my car (IS220d) in for a little bit of work to my dealer. I have a car from them (IS250 auto). This car doesn't rattle at all. My seats and drivers door rattle :angry:

Does any one have the same issue??

Hi How old is the car? Many pre June build have ratlles It sounds like yours needs the full MOnty with the dash out ,padding around the stereo , and the b pillar done as well I Know we have had 2 cars just the same If done very well the rattles will almost (95%) go If you are luck ywith no rattles it should stay that way

alan

Little of topic...but surely Diesels would naturally rattle more as there is more vibration caused from the engine. Sure Lexus will sort it out though.

The moden diesel engines don't rattle, and you are right kazi Lexus deisels shouldn't.

I spoke to my dealer today and they said they would sort it. I still have their car tonight, so they must be doing something about it???

Yeah, i was told that Lexus would not release a diesel unless it fitted in twith their strict criteria. A diesel must be as refined as a petrol car, and so thats the reason for the delay in bring one out....

UPDATE:

I have not long had my car back and some of the rattles have gone, but they couldn't look at the dash as they ran out of time? My passanger seat is still rattling! I have had to rebook the car in for 2 weeks time for them to have it for nearly a week :crying: to try and sort it out. Lexus Reading tell me they have to remove the dash :blink:

Why should a car over £25K rattle :angry: and a Lexus of all cars...... I have great faith in them, we'll wait and see when they fix it :)

A theory of mine......

As both the new GS and IS seem to be suffering more than small number of rattles I was wondering how much testing Lexus actually did in the UK and US (where most complaints come from)?? UK/US have poorer road surfaces in comparsion to Europe so I wonder if design probs causing rattles simply didn't occur during testing. This also coincides with Lexus's desire to be more sporty - more Germanic suspension and releasing spyshots of them hammering around Nurbergring??

Just a theory.

This also coincides with Lexus's desire to be more sporty - more Germanic suspension and releasing spyshots of them hammering around Nurbergring??

Just a theory.

That blows that theory out the water then as the ring isn't silky smooth all the way round.

Little of topic...but surely Diesels would naturally rattle more as there is more vibration caused from the engine. Sure Lexus will sort it out though.

Just take a look at the rear view mirror in a 220d - it proves how much vibration thrums through the structure.

Even the '56 plated car I drove a couple of weeks ago had a squeaky seat, so I'm not so sure that everything is ironed out.

Mine has developed 2 further rattles in the cold weather (B post and passenger seat to add to the vents). Not good, not good enuff at all.

Oh well. Never mind. Another day another rattle!

This also coincides with Lexus's desire to be more sporty - more Germanic suspension and releasing spyshots of them hammering around Nurbergring??

Just a theory.

That blows that theory out the water then as the ring isn't silky smooth all the way round.

They would however hammer around the ring to test the uber firm suspension used in the GS which fails miserably to smooth the bumps on UK roads and transfers all the energy to teh cabin which then rattles in sympathy?? :)

Continental motorway surfaces are in no better condition than the Uk & only the German B-roads are consistently better than the UK.

In the past the best Autoroute surface was France but they are now worse than the Uk since The Spanish

Consortium took control!

Jamboo,

Don't live with your rattles:the Dealers in your Area can resolve easily & you of all people deserve the Lexus Promise!

Tel :driving:

the dash rattles come from where the top of the dash clip into the bulk head it's the plastic clips moving in the mounting's we remove the dash and use foam padding to cover all the clips etc then re-fit the dash then hey-presto rattles are gone they do not put enough foam pading on in the factory when building them so thats how you get the dash rattles it's nothing to do with the diesel engine vibrating more etc etc

anyone has squeaky seat? I think I have seen it already some time ago here, that somebody got the seat replaced.

Mine squeaks about 10cm under the headrest...

On monday I go to the dealer, he will love me: rattling dashboard, squeaky seat, aircon smells when under 1deg, and I will ask about the 5th injector change :blink:

anyone has squeaky seat? I think I have seen it already some time ago here, that somebody got the seat replaced.

On monday I go to the dealer, he will love me: rattling dashboard, squeaky seat, aircon smells when under 1deg, and I will ask about the 5th injector change :blink:

I had the sqeaky seat. It's something to do with the locating pins in the base from when they assemble the car. They remove these and lubricate and all is well.

Matus. Yep, had squeaky seat. Started about a month after I got the car. They tried 3 times to fix it. Believed they greased the joints or whatever. On the forth time, they ended up replacing the seat. Had the new seat in for about a month or two and now it is also squeaking. Have left it for about a month or so now and still squeaks. Will be asking to fix (again) shortly. Just waiting on the towbars to be certified down here in oz.

I had the sqeaky seat. It's something to do with the locating pins in the base from when they assemble the car. They remove these and lubricate and all is well.

mine doesn't squeak on the bottom, but on the top of the back (under the headrest), when I lean against it.

Now I don't know if I am oversensitive or what.

I thought that it's the sound of the leather, but the squeak comes from inside of the seat. It's not loud, but it's 15cm from my ears...

Mines in on Monday too, Rattles, possible squeaky seat etc too... :duh:

Must be a virus