Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Turbo

I think they called it donkey crap somehting like that lol

Yeah looks all good now the bumpers got a bit of surgery to get it on over the intercooler, not really bothered as its pretty wrecked anyway, should be getting the laguna one shortly.

Just gotta hope the clutch holds out, then gotta save for a new one and that tasty looking flywheel TDi just brought out lolol anyone know how to change them :crying:

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning Ellz,

The bumper has actually turned out really well, despite the amount we had to remove in order to get it to fit. Has Mark sent you pics already?

It wasn't just clearancing for the intercooler either, material had to be removed from the driver side fog lamp housing because of the oil cooler.

All in all - looks very impressive. It has a certain 'presence'....

Morning Ellz,

The bumper has actually turned out really well, despite the amount we had to remove in order to get it to fit. Has Mark sent you pics already?

It wasn't just clearancing for the intercooler either, material had to be removed from the driver side fog lamp housing because of the oil cooler.

All in all - looks very impressive. It has a certain 'presence'....

piccys piccys piccys piccys piccys piccys piccys piccys piccys piccys piccys piccys piccys piccys piccys piccys .....please :)

Here are two short video files taken of Ellz's car whilst it was on the dyno earlier in the week.

They're not of any power runs but just some steady state tuning that Sam was doing.

th_SNC19494.jpg

th_SNC19496.jpg

I'll be forwarding the pictures of the bumper mods to Ellz to post up.

Cheers for the vids and pictures guys, its looks great.

yeah gonna look to get the clutch and fly wheel done at the same time, maybe another "in the field job" at JAE :lol:

Cant wait to get it back, can i ask Mark or who ever knows did u get the apexi adaptor for the filter ???

Heres some more photos

Mapping

SNC19487__Small_.jpg

SNC19486__Small_.jpg

Choppy choppy :)

SNC19509__Small_.jpg

Cooly cooly B)

SNC19521__Small_.jpg

SNC19522__Small_.jpg

Would it be an idea for me to get a slightly thinner number plate for the air flow ? from that photo it looks like i could take a fair bit off the top and bottom of the plate to allow a bit more air flow

Thanks so much guys cant wait to take her for a spin :)

Hi Ellz,

The filter adaptor ring hasn't arrived yet unfortunately. When did you send it?

A smaller number plate would indeed help airflow to the interooler.

We haven't driven it yet so we'll do that early next week to make sure everything is OK :driving:

Have a good weekend :)

Hi Ellz,

The filter adaptor ring hasn't arrived yet unfortunately. When did you send it?

A smaller number plate would indeed help airflow to the interooler.

We haven't driven it yet so we'll do that early next week to make sure everything is OK :driving:

Have a good weekend :)

I bought it on tuesday it was being posted straight to you under my name, so if anything turns up just open it :)

Cheers have a good one to

Looks like you haven't long to wait now Elliot.

When I refitted my bumper I removed the plastic number plate holder and stuck the plate straight onto the bumper. It left the front of the car looking very clean and smooth. There were no issues with lack of airflow to the cooler at all. My air inlet temps were reading about 20-21 degrees which I was told is a very good reading!!

When I refitted my bumper I removed the plastic number plate holder and stuck the plate straight onto the bumper. It left the front of the car looking very clean and smooth. There were no issues with lack of airflow to the cooler at all. My air inlet temps were reading about 20-21 degrees which I was told is a very good reading!!

Ahhh cool i'll have a play when i get it back, spoke to mark there may be a little trouble with the throttle body there gonna find out in the next few days (dam u barry i hope you where touching wood when u said im have luck with my car LoL) hopefully nothing major though.

Ahhh cool i'll have a play when i get it back, spoke to mark there may be a little trouble with the throttle body there gonna find out in the next few days (dam u barry i hope you where touching wood when u said im have luck with my car LoL) hopefully nothing major though.

im sure its nothing that cant be fixed B)

just think ......soon :D

as just posed on sams post i thought i'd add it here, spoke to Sam at TDi the other day and when he was mapping it made just under 190 at the hubs but at under 0.4 bar which i was quite suprised at as most of the other car where running 0.5 -0.6 to make similar results, all i cna think about now is getting the internal done :shifty: LoL

as just posed on sams post i thought i'd add it here, spoke to Sam at TDi the other day and when he was mapping it made just under 190 at the hubs but at under 0.4 bar which i was quite suprised at as most of the other car where running 0.5 -0.6 to make similar results, all i cna think about now is getting the internal done :shifty: LoL

is it all finished ?

i can feel a mini meet coming on :whistling:

is it all finished ?

i can feel a mini meet coming on :whistling:

Just needs to be road mapped, i cant pick it up until 7th July when theres a meet up at TDi anyways so i'll just have to wait till then :(

• 4 weeks later...

well picked the car up yesterday and drove back down with mate in his punto, has a few little races and once we've pulled away we're neck and neck, which is good as dont want a punto to beat the lex LoL

It pulls really nicely from around 2500 rpm all the way up redline, and the noise is lovely especially as its only 0.4 bar.

I'll be out driving later so i'll take some videos to put up on here.

All in all very happy, all i need now is flywheel clutch wheel bearings boost controller internals bigger turbo new manifold bigger exhaust system, o no the list has already begun :crybaby:

I'll be out driving later so i'll take some videos to put up on here.

Forgot to say, although you probably realise this anyway fella, but just be really careful if it's wet down there (it's hammering it down here) as when the turbo spools it can catch you out big time!

Can't wait to see the vids anyway, I love the sound of the turbo'd IS's, it was something I always missed with the SC, the turbo's with the external wastegate just sound so good :)

Thanks for the comments guys, its not raining down here Aido so dont worry, its actually a flippin amazing day 26 degrees the cars saying.

One thing i have noticed is that the oil cooler is very good, on the way home on the motor way it was around 70-80 degrees, when i had the gauges in with out the turbo on the oil temp said it was up at 90-100 degrees, i was just thinking what temperature should the oil be at, as i suppose if its too cool it could be doing damage as well as if its to hot.

Any ideas, maybe the other turbo guys could see what there runs at

Cheers Elliott

Thanks for the comments guys, its not raining down here Aido so dont worry, its actually a flippin amazing day 26 degrees the cars saying.

One thing i have noticed is that the oil cooler is very good, on the way home on the motor way it was around 70-80 degrees, when i had the gauges in with out the turbo on the oil temp said it was up at 90-100 degrees, i was just thinking what temperature should the oil be at, as i suppose if its too cool it could be doing damage as well as if its to hot.

Any ideas, maybe the other turbo guys could see what there runs at

Cheers Elliott

70 -80 should be fine

the starlet used to run up to 110 before the cooler was fitted :ohmy: