Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Turbo

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well picked the car up yesterday and drove back down with mate in his punto, has a few little races and once we've pulled away we're neck and neck, which is good as dont want a punto to beat the lex LoL

It pulls really nicely from around 2500 rpm all the way up redline, and the noise is lovely especially as its only 0.4 bar.

I'll be out driving later so i'll take some videos to put up on here.

All in all very happy, all i need now is flywheel clutch wheel bearings boost controller internals bigger turbo new manifold bigger exhaust system, o no the list has already begun :crybaby:

Glad it's all going well so far Ellz.

Thank you very much for entrusting this project to us :D

Don't forget to let us have some feedback after a while

Thanks again :)

Thanks for the comments guys, its not raining down here Aido so dont worry, its actually a flippin amazing day 26 degrees the cars saying.

One thing i have noticed is that the oil cooler is very good, on the way home on the motor way it was around 70-80 degrees, when i had the gauges in with out the turbo on the oil temp said it was up at 90-100 degrees, i was just thinking what temperature should the oil be at, as i suppose if its too cool it could be doing damage as well as if its to hot.

Any ideas, maybe the other turbo guys could see what there runs at

Cheers Elliott

90 degrees is the normal recommended maximum :)

Cool oil seems ok then, i try not to boost until i see the oil temp gauge move off the 50 degrees which takes a while, but its worth the wait.

In the first video just going along the bypass, the spool of the turbo is soooo much louder in the flesh you'll find out at JAE. The car is really impressive in 6th gear, after the Vtii at 4200rpm the needle just keep moving unlike the standard where it really does struggle

xMwXCtm35Zc

This vid you can hear the car popping a few times as the FCON trys to figure out the right A/F ratio

V7SIL1Ts3Hw

This vid, dunno what i was doing with camera out the window LoL

J-KmInIc7VE

Dave not sure what oil was put in i'll check in the morning all the stuff still in my car

No worrys TDi i emailed shaun about my ***** up with the sticker (dam wind) if someone could bring another one along to JAE i would be most greatful.

Also found out why the boost gauge wasnt working, the vac hose is the wrong one, the one plumbed into the BOV is the correct one, so going to swap that over tomor only take 5 mins.

Cheers Elliott

Nice one mate, sounds absolutely quality :)

Regarding the AF, I thought the ECU was programmed with a map for your setup so it shouldn't be banging like that should it?

Are all the hoses tight? Mine was popping like crazy when I had a boost leak!

Nice one mate, sounds absolutely quality :)

Regarding the AF, I thought the ECU was programmed with a map for your setup so it shouldn't be banging like that should it?

Are all the hoses tight? Mine was popping like crazy when I had a boost leak!

All are in good order lol

Sam did a new map on mine not done it on other cars before, the FCON is doing a feed back loop to always look for the optimum A/F ratio, thats why coming off boost when i tinker the throttle its still adjusting slightly (i suppose, i guessing now LoL) as it doesnt do it at any other time. I'm having to feed back to them at the moment it all seems good.

Wops sorry ahmet i didnt know how to post up the videos from youtube so they play in the thread like this, so had to go and copy one of matt sleeping in another thread then looked at some of your vids on youtube must have got muddled up with all the copy and pasting LoL

I was filming its a bit tricky at time lol linked up the boost gauge today pulls up to 0.4 nicely and now i can see when in vacuum and boost Yippy :)

Still got a smile daz you bringing yours to JAE ???

• 1 month later...

Well after a few month i actually cleaned the car, even went and got one of those micro thingy wash mitten things, used Auto Glym, shampoo and conditioner worked a treat. Although now i can see all the white paint drops from where the neighbours painted there house and it blew little drops on to the car Arhhhh anger

I've played around with some of them i think they look cool :D

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

17082007130.jpg

17082007133.jpg

17082007136.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links