Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Turbo

I cant wait to get it on mate soooooo annoying stupid insurance lol

Cars handles like a *** now :) tires really dig in.

its starting to get this machnical feel about it i think its the noise and feel of the gearbox with the new shifter on and handling so well just need the turbo now :D

Your cars lookin the nuts mate :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The front does look very low mate and the back still looks high :duh:

Was half up a curb LoL the back if perfect at the moment (on flat ground) done another 300 miles today so need to go back and get the geo re done in a few weeks

Cheers Gav heres some more photos when parking for the first photo i got caught on the curb and bloomin wrecked the front right alloy not happy :tsktsk:

02122006528.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Just thought i'd add this LoL a real mean machine havent been on it for a while but buggar me does it fly

DSC_0050.jpg

Yeah ive got HKS coilovers mate, gonna get it dropped at the rear and raised at the front slightly

Gord turbos going on in Feb mate due to insurance companies cannot wait mate :D

I see, i bet you cannot wait :D im sure you will keep us up-to-date :winky:

• 1 month later...
When you starting mate? Must be getting near to beginning?

indeed waiting until i get confirmation for insurence before work begins but i'm thinking should be getting started by the end of feb time

Got polished cam cover and fuel rail now as well so a bit of bling to go with it :)

Not really sure how long it will take the only thing im not sure about is how to limit the boost i dont really need a boost controller as its only going to be .5 bar.

I was advised by Mark at TDI to get a fuel cutter anyone got any ideas to help me along the way

When you starting mate? Must be getting near to beginning?

indeed waiting until i get confirmation for insurence before work begins but i'm thinking should be getting started by the end of feb time

Got polished cam cover and fuel rail now as well so a bit of bling to go with it :)

Not really sure how long it will take the only thing im not sure about is how to limit the boost i dont really need a boost controller as its only going to be .5 bar.

I was advised by Mark at TDI to get a fuel cutter anyone got any ideas to help me along the way

you will need a boost controller as it will make well over .5 bar :winky:

Not sure about the FCD though...........

IMHO fuel line upgrade & Greddy/HKS piggy back should see you sorted

a boost controller will only increase boost levels

it wont limit or decrease them ;)

if you need a FCD ive got one you can have.......cheap !

The kit Elliot is using is the prolex kit so I may know a bit more than you about what is required.

The wastegate fitted will allow .7/.8 bar we use a boost controller to limit the boost to .3 bar originally (now .5 bar)

the boost controller on my aristo limits the boost to 1.2 or 1.3 bar it could limit it to 1.5 bar (if i wanted to blow it up)

the clue may be in the word controller...I wont bore you with a definition of the word control

Boost controller

if boost starts off at .5 and you use the boost controller to increase the boost level to .7 you can then set it back to .5 and have the controller to hold it at .5

Thats what my "Greddy Profec" did and worked well, i could set it to .7 if i wanted to! and then reset it to .3 ,

if it could not control boost they would just call it a boost increaser and not a (boost controller) use one to set the boost at the level you want!

its up to you what you set it at!

@Ellz did you get my PM :)

dont think you can make a boost controller go lower then what the wastegate makes has standard mine run at .6 with or without controller

because that is what the wastegate nuturally made dont think you can turn it to say for example .1 by just using a boost controler

I thought it was down to waste gate ???

Can i not adjust the waste gate so when it hits .5 bar it holds it ????

Or is that what the boost controller does as i dont wanna blow up first time i hit boost

Barry pm'd

Maruc pm'd

Dave not getting that kit done yet as going to do all that with internals, ecu etc as i believe it shud be ok at .5 bar

dont think you can make a boost controller go lower then what the wastegate makes has standard mine run at .6 with or without controller

because that is what the wastegate nuturally made dont think you can turn it to say for example .1 by just using a boost controler

yea it has alot to do with the wastegate setup,

My car was setup to run at .65 -10% with the boost controller, so as i was about to hit .65 it would drop by 10% there for controling the boost.

Ellz, i would say get one mate,

The kit Elliot is using is the prolex kit so I may know a bit more than you about what is required.

The wastegate fitted will allow .7/.8 bar we use a boost controller to limit the boost to .3 bar originally (now .5 bar)

the boost controller on my aristo limits the boost to 1.2 or 1.3 bar it could limit it to 1.5 bar (if i wanted to blow it up)

the clue may be in the word controller...I wont bore you with a definition of the word control

perhaps you could bore me with your explanation of how a boost controller can limit the boost to 0.3 on a wastegate that is set at 0.7/0.8 :yawn: