Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Turbo

Elliot,

Your wastegate is set to 0.4 bar. It will run fine at that but if you wanna increase the boost to 0.5 bar then you will need to buy a boost controller. Just dont buy a cheap mechanical one. Buy a proper one to get better results.

Cheers Gav thats what i needed to know so with no boost controller i will run .4 bar all day long then if i need to go to .5 or .6 i need a boost controller ?

Another Q is if i wanted to raise the boost to .5 without a boost controller is that possible by adjusting the waste gate manually ??????

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok guys well looks like im going to have a go at fitting the turbo on my own.

Need to lift the engine to get the oil sump off so if any one down south has a engine lift that i could borrow that would be amazing, if not looks like i've gotta hire one from somewhere.

Not sure if im fitting the fuel return line as meant to be very hard to do.

Also a bit of welding to do but shud be able to get a local exhaust place to do that.

Wish me luck work starts on saturday (after mates 21 not good) LoL

Need to lift the engine to get the oil sump off so if any one down south has a engine lift that i could borrow that would be amazing, if not looks like i've gotta hire one from somewhere.

It'll prob be cheaper to buy the lift mate, then that way you've always got it if you need it again in the future :winky:

How come your fittin it urself anyway mate?? If i was closer i would give you a hand, but it would prob tempt me even more to buy on :lol:

Also a bit of welding to do but shud be able to get a local exhaust place to do that.

My fuel line upgrade kit is a DIY'able kit :winky:

Cracking project, and a real nice set of toys you've got yourself there to fit.

I didn't see if you said anywhere in this thread: How long's it had that bonnet on it?

I think I've seen it in brighton.

I go down there for kung fu lessons sometimes and I think I've seen it.

(Well, it's pretty distinctive, for starters)

I have a friend half way down to your way (billingshurst) who might have an engine lift you could borrow. He might want a bit of "greasing", but not much.

I'll check if he's still got it for you.

On the boost controller front, I can personally recommend Apexi, which I used on a rover coupe turbo for about 3 years, running up to 1.0 bar, normally at 0.8. I found the boost/duty control very clear and easy.

It had a decent control for duty/boost across the rev range and for different gears (handy, so you don't just sit their pumping all the air you can into the chambers in 1st gear, and spinning the wheels like some delinquent chav ;) ), and multiple profiles for when you're driving normally or feeling a bit horny.

It was the AVC-R.

I don't know if this is still their latest model, but a quick google would tell you.

G

:whistling: i will get the camcover of to you this week Ellz :winky: so you should have it for the weekend mate.

Hope all go's well with the fitting, just take your time mate and you should be ok :winky: :D

Ahhh thats cool yeah you cant really miss it, there only 1 other modded lex and its a silver altezza on standard wheel, big spolier etc.

I'm 99% sure ive got a enigine lift now but thanks for the offer.

Cheers Marcus dont think i'll be needing it this weekend but would be good to have all the stuff just incase.

Do ppl think i should have all gaskets to replace, like the oild sump gasket, rocket cover gasket, thats the only 2 i think there are that im taking off?????

You need to use high temp silicon sealant for the sump mate. not sure about the rocker cover. some have gaskets, the supra on has rubber seals that fit in place etc etc. You will know when you get it off though.

The return line is not difficult to do. You just need to get the right fittings.

My fuel line upgrade kit is a DIY'able kit :winky:

is there any instructions ??? and how much ??

also needing a new clutch and lightened flywheel, again how much please dave :)

can do you a helix organic clutch and JUN LFW for £500 all in :winky:

Good luck mate and don't hesitate to ask if you need an hand, I have bring some stuff with me ;)

Cool dont worry i might be giving u a ring lol

Dave that could be interesting just gotta wait till its all done now is that avalible all the time ???

Thanks for the support guys im sure some of you will be getting PM's to help me

Good luck mate and don't hesitate to ask if you need an hand, I have bring some stuff with me ;)

Dave that could be interesting just gotta wait till its all done now is that avalible all the time ???

Ellz - Nope I have one of each and am clearing them out.

When they are gone they are gone...retail is £700 for the pair i believe !

ellzy when are you starting ??

sounds like a good plan for a mechanical meet

im sure there are plenty of southern members who will come and give a hand :D

This saturday ive got an engine lift for sunday so thats when i be swapping the sumps over, going to try to remove everything on saturday and get the 2 pieces of exhaust welded back together.

so then sunday can get turbo manifold on and see what bit needs to be cut out of the engine bay and re welded then need to get that done but gotta find someone to do that.

Whilst waiting for that to be done i can start fitting the intercooler and piping.

This is the plan but as we all know nothing goes to plan anyone who wants to come and watch, help, laugh your more than welcome just pm me for address.

ellzy when are you starting ??

sounds like a good plan for a mechanical meet

im sure there are plenty of southern members who will come and give a hand :D

This saturday ive got an engine lift for sunday so thats when i be swapping the sumps over, going to try to remove everything on saturday and get the 2 pieces of exhaust welded back together.

so then sunday can get turbo manifold on and see what bit needs to be cut out of the engine bay and re welded then need to get that done but gotta find someone to do that.

Whilst waiting for that to be done i can start fitting the intercooler and piping.

This is the plan but as we all know nothing goes to plan anyone who wants to come and watch, help, laugh your more than welcome just pm me for address.

Ellz...........done a few myself..........

you dont need to cut the actual body shell

trimming the engine mount will do................

personally I'd worry about cutting into the monocoque

Ok well today it started. At last :D

240220071119.jpg

Last look at standard engine

240220071120.jpg

Taking off bumper and crash bar

240220071122.jpg

Taking off undertrays, which was a bit of a pain in the arse, loads of bolts hiding all over the place

240220071123.jpg

Took the crash bar off and clocked my head which bloomin hurt lol

240220071124.jpg

All off

240220071125.jpg

This is the bitch bolt that wouldnt come off, not a good photo but thats a 13mm piece which snapped whilst trying to hammer it off lol

240220071126.jpg

The offending bolt stuck in a 13mm ratchet set

240220071128.jpg

Splitting the steering column (thanks for the help on the phone matt :) )

Removing the manifold with CAT still attached as bolts rusted

240220071130.jpg

All out after a bit of a fuss

240220071132.jpg

old and small piped manifold

240220071133.jpg

All the bits to go on tomro gonna be fun

240220071135.jpg

would have got more done but the sky looked bad so packed up, not to bad for a hung over first day, up nice and early tomro to get on it again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links