Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Introduction

rphillip

Hello there. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself really. I came across your club by a simply search for Lexus fan club on Google. You were at the top, nice!

I am on my first Lexus IS200 (2001). I bought it because I like a bit of class but needed a smaller family car. I am used to giant auto's. It was that or the Saab 93t. I am impressed but there are a few things that have surprised me over the last few weeks.

The dealerships are very slow to respond to service queries. Not sure if this is just bad luck or normal. I have had cause to call Bromley and Bracknell. Both of which blamed "busy". Slightly worrying.

Another thing is the gearbox. From 1-2 it clunks but reading the many previous posts this seems normal. Like I said surprising for a luxury car. Also surprised it had no cruise but I believe that comes with the auto model?

The wheels are crap! I need reconned all round and looking. Any ideas in the Bracknell, Berkshire area?

Anyway, good to be here and will hopefully enjoy the Lexus experience.

Russ.

Hi and welcome to the club :D

I havent experienced the gearchange problem as mine is an Auto, but from what ive read and beeen told it is a bit of a common problem.

Unfortunatley the dealerships do vary, but generally they are pretty good, compared to most other manufacturers, i use Woodford and they are always very good.

The autos do come with cruise control :D

Hope this helps, and enjoy your car and the club

Hello John,

Is there something wrong with the IS geometry? I have seen several references to this topic on here including your "card". What is that all about? I must confess to needing a tracking check since my steering wheel is off centre by about 20mm. Lexus are doing this for me.

Russ.

Welcome to LOC.

Like Adie says there is a problem with the IS geo, basically the settings used by Lexus are wrong. Take it to Tony aka The Dr, he is in Watford so not far from you, he will sort you out. My advice would be sooner rather than later or you will probably need new front tyres as well as a geo. Oh and forget "tracking" it's a waste of time and money.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links