Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

1st post here and need a bit of help....

I'm just about to order a new car (company) and have settled on an IS 220d SE but I'm not sure on what colour combinations are available. I've searched this site and have found references to Beige, Grey and Black interiors but I'm not sure if they're still current. The Lexus site isn't much help on interiors either.

I also think I've settled on the Brechin Slate (I like the Black but not sure on the effort required to keep it looking nice) so which interior do you think would complement this colour?

I'm going to pop round to the local dealer tomorrow so hopefully I'll see something there but wondered what you all think on here.

Thanks

Martin

As an opinion only, I think the lighter interiors look nicer on a darker car so with Brechin Slate I'd choose a black interior (Pembroke).

I'd only choose between beige and black though - not keen on grey interiors myself :tomato:

The interior colours are still the same, as you say beige,black or grey. I ordered my 220d SE a month ago, and wanted black with grey interior, however they seem to have run out of grey as there was a 5 month wait, beige was a 1 month wait and black which i went for was 2 months. so that may make a difference. If i was going for a light colour paint I'd choose the black interior. The beige seats were OK but the carpets were a bit unpleasant.

The best bet is to have a look under the pre-owned section of lexus.co.uk and check out the photos of the different interiors of those cars.

RD

I have the Brechin slate with the beige interior on my 220D.

I'd been planning on the black interior but it was a long waiting list. The dealer just happened to have a Brechin slate with the beige interior that had just arrived and was due to be a showroom car...so I waited a grand total of about 6 days to get my new car!

I was a little unsure about the beige when I first saw it, but it quickly grew on me. It makes the interior seem quite light and airy and I've had a few comments about the "posh" interior!

Also thought it would pick up marks quickly, but so far no problems at all and it's wearing very well. The one change I made almost immediately was to replace the beige mats with black ones!

Buying nearly new I wanted black interior but most cars available seemed to have light grey or beige. In the end I settled for light grey despite having two kids :crybaby: just cause the price and exterior colour etc were right. I think black goes ok with any colour exterior and should be easier to keep looking clean.

Welcome - There is no wrong or right answer. It really is personal choice on colours, and here's my opinion:

I've driven various Beige cars (SE's, Sport and Base). I've even sat in Beige cars in showrooms that have never been on the road. All I can say is that they pick up dirt easily. Even the show room car was looking rather sorry for itself. So if you're one who likes to give the interior a good clean as often as possible, or you don't have kids, the beige is fine. Else, Black or Grey.

The other thing to note is that the new IS has a black dash, silvery (or wood) trim on the console, loads of chrome and aluminium loking bits, darker greyish plastic around the stereo etc. Lots of colours...and when you add the beige leather/trim, it looks like too many colours and that Lawrence Llewelyn has done his best!! Unless you have an SE-L with the wood, the Beige to me at least looks a bit out of place.

Beige does, however, make the interior look bigger and "lighter".

We thought long and hard about the colour combo, and my original choice is what we went for - Red on black leather. 2nd choice was Caspian with Black, and 3rd was Brechin with Black or possibly Grey.

Colours of the car - well - whilst Cadoxton seems to be the colour of choice, I believe that we are on a trend change again - lighter metallics, reds, whites are all coming back, and when it's time to sell on, those colours could be the ones that people and dealers may want.

I've got a 220d as a courtesy car today. It's the dark blue with beige interior and I have to say I'm not keen on it. The beige interior is already looking a bit grubby (it's an 06) and it's verging on being yellow. Reminds me of a 70's American car interior.

Incidentally, does anyone else find the clutch pedal on the diesel to be a bit far over to the right? I find it quite uncomfortable. Can't wait to get back to my auto so I can get back into "waft" mode.

PS - NBLG - how does it compare to the A4 diesel?

I wish I could do a back to back test but "her indoors" has just had her diesel A4 replaced with a petrol 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant. It's a nice car but a little nose heavy and the ride is not great.

I would say the A4 diesel has a nicer gearbox but the Lexus engine is smoother and not so on/off with the power delivery. The A4 is definitely noiser in both petrol and diesel forms. I remember last year we had a diesel A4 with the Tiptronic box and that was a really nice combo.

Incidentally, there was a Mesa red IS in the dealership today and wow, under lights that is some colour. I could really go one of those with the black interior. They've even sorted out the boot release and petrol release buttons by putting them side by side and illuminating them.

Well, I had a 220d SE demo car arrive today and very nice it is too although not a colour combo I'd have chosen (Sargasso/Oakham).

I went out for a quick spin just to check out the "odd gearbox" I've read so much about and to be fair it seems ok to me. Whether that's just because I'm used to diesels or I'm just a pants driver I don't know but it seems fine and I can get it into higher gears sooner than I thought would be possible too given all that's been said. It's only done 178 miles so I guess it's also a bit tight but all in all first impressions are good.

The car has got the MM pack and the sound system is nice but whoever programmed the sat nav must have been p****d. I don't know if all sat nav systems are like this but I'd spend twice as much on fuel if I followed her directions :D :D I realise local knowledge is a wonderful thing but some of the directions it gave me to get me back home were miles off and I'm not just talking backroads I mean it picked what I would consider incorrect major roads.

Anyway I have another couple of days with it so I'm off out again.....

Well, I had a 220d SE demo car arrive today and very nice it is too although not a colour combo I'd have chosen (Sargasso/Oakham).

I went out for a quick spin just to check out the "odd gearbox" I've read so much about and to be fair it seems ok to me. Whether that's just because I'm used to diesels or I'm just a pants driver I don't know but it seems fine and I can get it into higher gears sooner than I thought would be possible too given all that's been said. It's only done 178 miles so I guess it's also a bit tight but all in all first impressions are good.

The car has got the MM pack and the sound system is nice but whoever programmed the sat nav must have been p****d. I don't know if all sat nav systems are like this but I'd spend twice as much on fuel if I followed her directions :D :D I realise local knowledge is a wonderful thing but some of the directions it gave me to get me back home were miles off and I'm not just talking backroads I mean it picked what I would consider incorrect major roads.

You would want to come over here (Ireland) and try to use the sat/nav. It is so bad as to be useless. Half the roads here including motorways don't exist on it. There is a dearth of information regarding places to go and places to set as destinations ( I have to to to the nearest town centre and ask for directions). It even tried to get me to go the wrong way down a one way street recently. In fact the more I think about it I certainly will not be getting sat/nav in my next Lexus unless there are major issues addressed.

You would want to come over here (Ireland) and try to use the sat/nav. It is so bad as to be useless. Half the roads here including motorways don't exist on it. There is a dearth of information regarding places to go and places to set as destinations ( I have to to to the nearest town centre and ask for directions). It even tried to get me to go the wrong way down a one way street recently. In fact the more I think about it I certainly will not be getting sat/nav in my next Lexus unless there are major issues addressed.

I think it is really quite disgraceful that for the price, Lexus have failed to keep up with the third party market.

Something with a Secure Digital card slot in the dash that could be updated readily by download could really be so much better.

Have you looked into met black on black?

Assuming that was directed at me, I've actually ordered Cadoxton/Oakham (beige). While the Oakham is very nice I still keep debating whether I should have gone for the black interior instead although I can't help feeling that if I changed I'd have the same thoughts about the beige.. :duh:

• 3 months later...

Well my car arrived on the 2nd March, finally went for Cadoxton/Pembroke and very nice it is too!

But, drivers seat is squawking away merrily and also there's a strange loud rattle type noise that I notice if trying to pull off gently. It's not really noticeable if the window's up but if I I'm going up my drive and the window is open it's terrible. Any ideas?

Thanks......