Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recommendations For My Boot Install

Microsoft Paint :

lol :lol: just kidding... i used the free version of Google Sketchup... the quick and easy way for 3D designing

I thought i recognised it! I have the full version of it. Ill try do up some designs of my own in work tomorrow

Cheers

Here's a couple of idea's all thrown into one image... you can either mount them to the back of the seats or in a seperate stealth box... with the subwoofer in it's own stealth box in the opposite corner :)

irlrs_des1_1.JPG

irlrs_des1_2.JPG

irlrs_des1_3.JPG

The other option is the false floor which i will upload a few pics of tomorrow. :)

very nice

Hey guys.... not trying to hi-jack this thread.... but here's what i'll be doing for mine....

nij_des1_1.JPG

nij_des1_2.JPG

nij_des1_3.JPG

The false floor will house the amps... the side compartments will house an extra Battery, and other audio equipment. The carpet colour is just for demonstration... the actual finishing i'll be using will be slightly different.

The flat floor between the amps and subs is still undecided, i may fiberglass a small slope to allow air flow from the face of the woofers without the wave being bounced flat faced from the side of the false floor. (if that makes sense)

By the way, incase you didn't guess... the woofers i'll be using are Pioneers :winky:

not quite to scale... so here are the dimensions.

Full Floor = 31" width by 35" depth by 18" height (remember, my car is stripped and doesn't have any of the OEM Lexus trims)

False Floor = 31" width x 4" height x 15" depth

Enclosure = 31" width x 14"height x 10" depth (average over slants)

Space between False Floor and Enclosure = 31" width x 5"depth at edges and 8" depth at centre.

Side Walls = 18" height x 20" depth

Side Compartments = 8" width x 18" height x 12" depth (est)

These designs are only for rough representation purposes... but hopefully the end product will look similar :)

Space between False Floor and Enclosure = 31" width x 5"depth at edges and 8" depth at centre.

These designs are only for rough representation purposes... but hopefully the end product will look similar :)

Nice one.

Cheers for pointing us to that program, a lot quicker to work with than 3DS max, for simple work anyway.

Full Floor = 31" width by 35" depth by 18" height (remember, my car is stripped and doesn't have any of the OEM Lexus trims)

Niraj surely all this would is going to weigh an absolute ton. What material are you going to use and what thickness?

Lee.... 3DSM is for the final renders ;) regrettably too many hours have been dissolved on 3DSM projects... :(

Sketchup is quick and easy... and i'm loving it.

As for the weight.... here's the values so far.

26kg subs

17kg amps

22kg sound deadening

18kg Battery

I can't imagine the install weighing more than 35kg... and a few other acessories around 5kg.

123kg total... about the weight of 1.5 - 2 men :)

I knew my adjustable TTE Coilovers would come in use one day hehehe :lol:

Lee.... 3DSM is for the final renders ;) regrettably too many hours have been dissolved on 3DSM projects... :(

Sketchup is quick and easy... and i'm loving it.

As for the weight.... here's the values so far.

26kg subs

17kg amps

22kg sound deadening

18kg battery

I can't imagine the install weighing more than 35kg... and a few other acessories around 5kg.

123kg total... about the weight of 1.5 - 2 men :)

I knew my adjustable TTE Coilovers would come in use one day hehehe :lol:

Ok but what about the weight of the wood. I only have a bit in mine and its about 7kgs and thats only the base!

i'll be using 18mm MDF for the enclosure...

12mm for the false floor, 6mm for the side compartments and transparent perspex for the windows...

The side compartments will be closed off with fiberglass and bondo...

I'll give an allowance of upto 40kg i think for it all. I might be 5-10kg underestimating... but quality of design, and reliability come first.

The IS200 is a slow car anyway, so i dont plan on racing it anywhere... the weight will only push the car lower to the floor, and my TTE coilovers are there to lift it back up :D

i'll be using 18mm MDF for the enclosure...

12mm for the false floor, 6mm for the side compartments and transparent perspex for the windows...

The side compartments will be closed off with fiberglass and bondo...

I'll give an allowance of upto 40kg i think for it all. I might be 5-10kg underestimating... but quality of design, and reliability come first.

The IS200 is a slow car anyway, so i dont plan on racing it anywhere... the weight will only push the car lower to the floor, and my TTE coilovers are there to lift it back up :D

I need to get me a set of those! :P I wanna keep my install weight to a minimum so ill try use the strongest lightest stuff i can find.

just a quick question as you have the factory sat nav like myself. with you own system have you lost the ability to hear the voice directions?

i was under the impression that you would if you used your own boot install.

just a quick question as you have the factory sat nav like myself. with you own system have you lost the ability to hear the voice directions?

i was under the impression that you would if you used your own boot install.

Mines an import so the sat nav was in Japanese so i aint using it. Took it out of the boot

• 1 month later...
Hey guys just a quick question

I like the designs that youve come up with for the boot install, but how do you work around the boot hinges, do they not cut into the space for the sub boxes on either side?

the stealth box i have is fine, it misses the boot hinges by about 2mm, close fit! If you have the false floor though it wont fit

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys just a quick question

I like the designs that youve come up with for the boot install, but how do you work around the boot hinges, do they not cut into the space for the sub boxes on either side?

the stealth box i have is fine, it misses the boot hinges by about 2mm, close fit! If you have the false floor though it wont fit

Hey Dan where do you fit your suitcase when you go on your Jollydays :D :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links