Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo Advice

Hi there everyone :D !

I've got hold of my facia now :D which can take double din fittings, so hopefully I will be able to fit my ICE soon with some good advice from you all.

I have a Tape Head Unit & a Spectrum Mini-disc to go under it.

My set-up also has a 6disc cd changer to go in the boot & the Amp/Bass.

I need all the advice I can get as I've heard the is200 can be abit tricky to work on :huh: .

My 1st question is: I'm keeping all my cabin speakers standard for now as they sound quite good, can I connect them to my head unit while running them through there standard Amp.

2nd: Is there a wiring loom available to convert my new stereo's wiring loom to the existing car loom.

Thats true Supracharged,

But I thought i'd try and keep the speakers so not to mess about with the nicely fiited lexus ones and also the hassle and extra cash, although I don't mind buying new ones its just when I sell the car I thought I may put the factory stereo back in.

What do you reckon?

Have you done any Audio changes to your Lex?

well fitting ice in the lexus its great mines being done, removed factory h/u replaced with alpine tv screen and in dash dvd and fitting dvd 6 disc changer in it, u can uprate back speaker with some 6 x9 make it really up to u how much u want to spend???

front speakers i go for sumthing like a set of components that what i gone for but i got some custom door builds done one off jobbies they look great and the sound staging is phat,

i used to have twin 10 inch subs custom built for the lexus the port fired into the rear shelf so u would have to make a hole in the parcel but u can hear and feel the bass, im sellign them cause i decided to go 15inch sub hehe,,

putting caps across the speakers does not increase impedance it only acts liek a crossover..

amit if u wanted to change amp u might aswell change speakers, i dont think u find a decent amp to go back in that place, trust me i taken my whole interoir out in my lexus... :duh:

Hi there everyone,

Thanks for all your advice, tips and information. I'm going to try and find someone who has had some experience with is200s to fit my ice, hopefully at a decent price.

I don't think I should attempt the back shelf & door panels my self as every other car i've had the door panels have never gone back on the same.

If anyone knows of any contacts in manchester that don't charge a second mortgage i'd be greatfull.

Thanks once again.. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links