Sign in to follow this  
Amit

Stereo Advice

Hi there everyone :D !

I've got hold of my facia now :D which can take double din fittings, so hopefully I will be able to fit my ICE soon with some good advice from you all.

I have a Tape Head Unit & a Spectrum Mini-disc to go under it.

My set-up also has a 6disc cd changer to go in the boot & the Amp/Bass.

I need all the advice I can get as I've heard the is200 can be abit tricky to work on :huh: .

My 1st question is: I'm keeping all my cabin speakers standard for now as they sound quite good, can I connect them to my head unit while running them through there standard Amp.

2nd: Is there a wiring loom available to convert my new stereo's wiring loom to the existing car loom.

Q1...no your factory speakers run of a different Ohm than the headunit...it will sound spank

Q2...no.....there is no adaptercable to work the 2 looms together

sorry

glad you got your kit Amit in one peice...

not a bad peice of kit.. my kit is being shipped from the states as we speak.. wish it would hurry... cannot wait to get my new stereo!

Hi there steve,

Thanks for the prompt posting, the kit is great with the bonus of all the complete screws and fittings!

Nice .

Hi Supracharged!

Can the cabin speakers run if I take out the standard amp and replace it with a new 4ch amp ( about the same size so it can fit back in the same place).

well i reckon it would be good for a group buy.. those kits are great!

The only prblem is the shipping is more than the kit itself!

Thats true I had the same problem.

What about it you ordered in bulk and may be spoke to the company.

if your fitting a new head unit....you would be best removing the factory amp,speakers and cableing and starting a fresh

Thats true Supracharged,

But I thought i'd try and keep the speakers so not to mess about with the nicely fiited lexus ones and also the hassle and extra cash, although I don't mind buying new ones its just when I sell the car I thought I may put the factory stereo back in.

What do you reckon?

Have you done any Audio changes to your Lex?

The standards are 2ohm so you will be runing the unit under it impedance it may go poof although you could wire the rear speakers to a 4ohm load but you will still be runing the front at 2ohm

You could maybe put a capacitor across the speaker outputs to increase the overall impedance to 4 ohms??

Someone cleverer than me would have to calculate the Farads though!!

well fitting ice in the lexus its great mines being done, removed factory h/u replaced with alpine tv screen and in dash dvd and fitting dvd 6 disc changer in it, u can uprate back speaker with some 6 x9 make it really up to u how much u want to spend???

front speakers i go for sumthing like a set of components that what i gone for but i got some custom door builds done one off jobbies they look great and the sound staging is phat,

i used to have twin 10 inch subs custom built for the lexus the port fired into the rear shelf so u would have to make a hole in the parcel but u can hear and feel the bass, im sellign them cause i decided to go 15inch sub hehe,,

putting caps across the speakers does not increase impedance it only acts liek a crossover..

amit if u wanted to change amp u might aswell change speakers, i dont think u find a decent amp to go back in that place, trust me i taken my whole interoir out in my lexus... :duh:

wot do you reckon for the IS sealed or ported,im runing two 12in JL sealed on a mono block kenwood wanna of the 1200w jobs but i still need more bass it pops open the petrol flap if i crank it lol right up,ive removed the ski hatch but dose'nt seem to make much diff?

any ideas :hehe:

If you want you can port it through the ski hatch if you tell me what model JL's you have and what type of music you listen + boot space willing to lose then I will design you a box for it. remember the sub can be the best on the market but if the box is s**t then your f**ked.

www.ddaudio.co.uk

Hi there everyone,

Thanks for all your advice, tips and information. I'm going to try and find someone who has had some experience with is200s to fit my ice, hopefully at a decent price.

I don't think I should attempt the back shelf & door panels my self as every other car i've had the door panels have never gone back on the same.

If anyone knows of any contacts in manchester that don't charge a second mortgage i'd be greatfull.

Thanks once again.. :)

For an IS200 try Optima in bristol 01179 770060 they have have quite a few IS200 ice installs and there good to.