Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My First Post (i Think?)

mikecad

Hi all,

I've just ordered my first ever Lexus, it's an IS250 Sport in Brechin Slate and a grey interior. The dealer had just about one of each colour and interior trim on the forecourt so it was good to compare and contrast the different combinations. I currently have a silver car and wanted a slight change.

I ordered it with multimedia and a sunroof and have a target date of 1st March 07. I've been lurking for quite a while on the group so thanks to everyone for posting their experiences both good and bad. With 112 days to go the only comfort I'll have is reading about what other people are up to in theirs.

I currently run a Mazda 3 sport and prior to that I had the RX8 (231ps). This will also be the most expensive car I've ever bought. Have many people had trackers fitted?

Regards,

Mike...

• 2 months later...

Ok so i've been very patient so far, but i've never had to wait so long for a car before and its driving me crazy. There's around 32 days to go and I've absorbed most of the information I want on the forum. I've made some music DVD's (MP3's converted to DVD) thanks to someone who mentioned DVD Audio Creator. I have some 5.1 versions of a few Depeche Mode albums ready to roll too.

I'm glad I got the order in when I did though with the IS going up by a grand in the new year. I have been talked around by the Lexus dealer into Gap insurance rather than a tracker. Whilst I think Gap insurance is just plain cheeky it does seem best should it be stolen and written off or never return etc.

I'm just hoping I still like the colour, it was November when I saw it and I hope my tastes havent changed!

I'm sorely tempted to do the wire snipping to get the DVD playback and MP3 navigation working while the car is moving but I'd probably mess it up. Oh well thanks for the thousands of helpful posts in the forum, although I do wish the new IS was a seperate forum. I keep getting my hopes up when I see word of superchargers and turbo chargers, alas for the 200 and 300 :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links