Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Gearknob

Yep - they just "screw" off.... :blink:

Loads of alternatives available - I have a TRD Shift Knob (leather), Mat has a Tom's (White plastic) and there are plenty of other varieties and styles out there to choose from.... :)

Halfords had a nice one on display in swindon, sort of a goldish coloured metal one that would match perfectly with the goldy colour of the plastic inside

(assuming you don't have a newer interior with th gray/silver coloured plastic)

no jokes here - have you tried polishing it?

I think i'd prefer a leather one, and no i'm not into bondage.

I'm not sure about the chrome one, maybe a different shape would be better.

I think polishing would make it worse and the colour might go from it altogether.

Do TRD let you purchase from a website or do you have to call them?

Thanks for the help

I think i'd prefer a leather one, and no i'm not into bondage.

I'm not sure about the chrome one, maybe a different shape would be better.

I think polishing would make it worse and the colour might go from it altogether.

Do TRD let you purchase from a website or do you have to call them?

Thanks for the help

If you join Gold, there is a company out in the states who can get it for you with discount. ;) Don't know of any companys in the UK that keep TRD Shift knobs..... :unsure:

I was thinking of getting a MOMO gear know. My question is.. are all gear knob fittings the same? do they all have the same size part to screw onto?

thanks

I've had no problem with the TRD shift knob, and I don't think Mat had any probs with the Tom's. Don't know of anyone with a Momo one, but just ask the place you'll be ordering from about fitment to your Lexus and they should be able to advise you... :)

I was thinking of getting a MOMO gear know. My question is.. are all gear knob fittings the same? do they all have the same size part to screw onto?

thanks

From my experience of Momo knobs in the past (boy racer saxo days :D ) they come with various sized collars to suit all gear sticks. The only different types you get are ones with a lift up reverse. Hope this helps :)

Thanks Zee, sorry about the slow response, in the middle of my dissertation for my degree. :duh:

I like the TRD one, but i notice it has the gear indicator on top, can you get it without, or for 6 speed gb.

Also thanks to everyone else, i think i understand how it works

If you tug on your knob really hard and twist it will come off in your hand. But don't worry cos you can get a black one to replace it, and it won't burn your hand in the summer.

LOL :D

Cheers for all the help