Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sourcing Parts And Spares -exhausts

stitched-up

Guys, Ladies

A newbie to the forum, where I know I'll get the right help quickly.

I've a 99 harrier/rx300 that's has had seven bells kicked out of it in various ways over the last few years, and I picked it up "cheaply" less than a month ago. my 'handle' may give away some of the isues I have - -but please let's not dwell!! In fairness [to me] it was well presented, but had hidden secrets, whcih are only now coming to light.

I am told I need a full new exhaust system front to back - where can I buy one, who can fit, am I gonna take another kicking on the cost of this????

any answer gratefully recieved.

stitched-up

Go for a stainless steel set up.

Probably cost a lot less than Lexus original and usually you will get a lifetime guarantee with SS.

I had mine custom made with twin boxes and outlets. But you can just go for standard single box in SS.

Terry

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T7RY B @ Nov 17 2006, 07:54 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Probably cost a lot less than Lexus original and usually you will get a lifetime guarantee with SS.

I had mine custom made with twin boxes and outlets. But you can just go for standard single box in SS.

Terry

thanks for that:

I checked out a local SS exhaust place this morning, looks like this is gonna cost 350 to 500 Quid!!

As my login name may suggest - I don't think I need the lifetime guarantee of SS. As soon as I can, I think this car is gonna go [but I'm caught between taking the seller to court or spending more money on righting the problems and selling it on at another loss] - -either way this Lexus purchase is hurting. I know it's not Lexus's fault, but you can't help associating car problems with the badge.

So, I'm also gonna look for a straightforward standard exhaust replacement - and any known places that sell harrier/rx300 exhausts - please let me know.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T7RY B @ Nov 17 2006, 07:54 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Terry

thanks for that:

I checked out a local SS exhaust place this morning, looks like this is gonna cost 350 to 500 Quid!!

As my login name may suggest - I don't think I need the lifetime guarantee of SS. As soon as I can, I think this car is gonna go [but I'm caught between taking the seller to court or spending more money on righting the problems and selling it on at another loss] - -either way this Lexus purchase is hurting. I know it's not Lexus's fault, but you can't help associating car problems with the badge.

So, I'm also gonna look for a straightforward standard exhaust replacement - and any known places that sell harrier/rx300 exhausts - please let me know.

if your going to sell it on, put a stainless exhaust on, at least it sounds good when you tell the new buyer and it looks like you care about your car.

just IMHO

Craig