Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

.......then Getting It Lowered

Bluenose1878

Well, my cambelt's getting sorted on tuesday, i'm getting my brake discs and pads done in january when the xmas shopping's done and when i finally get round to chosing either drilled or grooved discs(seperate thread).

The next thing on my list thanks to lexus' safety check is to get my leaking shock sorted, which means i've got an excuse to get it lowered (might as well as my shock needs changing eh!)

So now i'm thinking go for a -50mm drop as it sits so high as standard, so can anyone that's had their's dropped tell me how much it has affected the ride since you have had it droppped?

For the-50mm drops> is the ride too uncomfortable?

For the-30mm drops>are you kicking yourself for not going for that extra few mm??

and what springs/shocks do you recommend?

Cheers all........

for drops over 35mm i recomend you only use Coilovers as the OEM shock bodys are not designed to have the correct stroke for anything much lower -40mm is maximum

for springs on there own, i recomend the TTE/Eibach springs

as for coilovers again the TTE units are perfect for the car using eibach springs and bilstein dampers

I used to have Eibach lowering springs -30mm drop. Didn't affect ride quality at all. Was very happy with them :D

I've now got TTE coilovers fitted and very happy with them too. The ride can be a bit harsher on really bumpy roads but other than that don't really notice much difference. Apart form the handling is much better :D

I used to have Eibach lowering springs -30mm drop. Didn't affect ride quality at all. Was very happy with them :D

I've now got TTE coilovers fitted and very happy with them too. The ride can be a bit harsher on really bumpy roads but other than that don't really notice much difference. Apart form the handling is much better :D

How low is it now then -50mm? Not cheap tho!!

Hi there,

Ive lowered my IS twice now, once was -30mm on springs and had no problem with the ride, still really comfortable, not far after i decided that it was not enough and had to go even lower. i brought a set of adjustable coilovers from matt. Again im not sure exactly how low it now sits but you can judge for yourself(You have to forget about comfort as the ride is now really stiff and you feel every bump, but there is no bodyroll and handles like it was on rails) :D

003.jpg

018.jpg

I beleive there are some pictures in my registry(garage) of when it was just on lowering springs.

Hi there,

Ive lowered my IS twice now, once was -30mm on springs and had no problem with the ride, still really comfortable, not far after i decided that it was not enough and had to go even lower. i brought a set of adjustable coilovers from matt. Again im not sure exactly how low it now sits but you can judge for yourself(You have to forget about comfort as the ride is now really stiff and you feel every bump, but there is no bodyroll and handles like it was on rails) :D

003.jpg

018.jpg

I beleive there are some pictures in my registry(garage) of when it was just on lowering springs.

That's low, looks fantastic.

You're car's really clean, did you clean and polish it up yourself? Really good...

LexusIS200Sam

Mate im gonna hand it to you!

My mates are alaysa telling me to put some rims on my Lex!

But to be honest I feel the original 17's look great and in my opinion there are not too many aftermarket ones that will make the car look better!

But your rims and car looks awesome mate I love it!

LexusIS200Sam

But to be honest I feel the original 17's look great and in my opinion there are not too many aftermarket ones that will make the car look better!

And they retail at about 2500 quid! if i had the money, i'd order them now!

LexusIS200Sam

Cheers mate, Tried to keep it clean and fresh. :)

And they retail at about 2500 quid! if i had the money, i'd order them now!

Someone has done there homework :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links