Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Altezza Owner

Red Panda

Hi there, yet another new owner, but with a few questions. I've just bought a 1999 tiptronic rs200 z-edition. I've had a search of the topics for the answers but either didn't search hard enough or the answers are not there. If i'm asking previously answered questions i'm sorry.

2lnhj5u.jpg

The car I've bought was fairly cheap and has had some repair work in the past, but i have a couple of concerns.

I don't appear to have ABS, would the unit normally be located drivers side on the bulkhead. I guess there is meant to be a warning light on the dash when you put the ignition on to indicate the ABS system is OK, similarly with the airbags, should i have a warning light when i put the ignition on.

Far more mundane, its sat nav equipped, well sort of as the screens there as is the system in the boot but nothing happens at all. It seems this is because the sat nav routes through the inbuilt amp and as the original stereo is gone then i expect the amp is as well. With this in mind, can the screen be used to display any other information, say from a carputer of dvd player. The last option would be to stick a tom tom or similar in the housing, has this be done before ?

35le07c.jpg

My rear lights have the fibreglass "after burner" covers on them, it's not really my thing, so if anyone wants a white set in exchange for the standard ones I'd be happy to swap.

How do you get to the bulbs in the fog lights, there seems to no way to the back or are the front splitters causing the problem.

Lastly, if anyone knows some history of the car, it would be great to know what has happened to it.

47353qc.jpg

All the best

Jon

If the car was in an accident then it's possible the airbags were used and the repair people didn't replace them ..... check that they haven't taken out the warnings bulbs or possibly a fuse....

I've heard of this happening as replacement airbags aren't cheep, get it checked asap

Thanks all

I'll be getting the car on some ramps to have a good look over it. Talking to previous owners it seems the car may well have come to the UK with the repairs. Still need to find out whats up with the ABS especially.

Will be spending some tim (and money) getting her up to standard so i would expect that there might be a few more questions

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links