Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could This Solve All The Problems?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for Tuesday, the guy is posting it tomorrow morning so should be here monday :)

Already got the headunit and screen in the car, just need to wire up the power for the PC tomorrow :)

As soon as I find out if it works or not, have sorted out a probable discount if enough people are intersted

me newbie, and i will need one of these. If it all works well and everything you can count me in , going to look at a lex 2morrow....

2 Ohm & 4 Ohm in parallell

this may be of use:

http://my.is/forums/showpost.php?p=2822160&postcount=16

but like the guy says who's selling the wiring harness the new aftermarket HU handle this OK...

May be worth getting one of the LOC ICE guru's to comment on what may happen to the aftermarket HU & stock speakers for long term use (with stock amp by-passed)... + if it's worth just swapping out the rears with new ones...

good overview link on general car audio:

http://www.decware.com/secrets1.htm

I suppose though it does make it slightly easier even if you do change the speakers cause you can just use the standard wiring through the car to the speakers.

Ah but you should be upgrading your speaker cable to competition wire! :P

:offtopic: That stealth box makes my sub sound even bassier! Great buy Stav! Should have the boot finished in time for the car show on saturday!

wires are a waste of money! Ive spent a fortune on silver, yes silver wire for my home speakers, £5 per meter, I had placed it all in the walls and then moved house, bro told me just to use 2 core flex and I did in my new house £0.30p per meter and I cannot tell the difference and i challange anyone to prove me wrong. I dont use cheap speakers either, I have a set of B&W's and there the best for the money I feel.

Try just using 2core flex or any non thin wire and I bet you wouldnt notice anything apart from the extra weight in your wallet

Craig

wires are a waste of money! Ive spent a fortune on silver, yes silver wire for my home speakers, £5 per meter, I had placed it all in the walls and then moved house, bro told me just to use 2 core flex and I did in my new house £0.30p per meter and I cannot tell the difference and i challange anyone to prove me wrong. I dont use cheap speakers either, I have a set of B&W's and there the best for the money I feel.

Try just using 2core flex or any non thin wire and I bet you wouldnt notice anything apart from the extra weight in your wallet

Craig

You haven't taken into account the differing acoustics from one house to the other! How can you possibly say that the cable makes no difference when you changed the entire environment in which the rest of the system sits?

I got decent cable when I recently (well a year or so ago) upgraded my hifi speakers at home. I did a back to back test of 3.99/m cheapo copper bi-wire from Richer Sounds (my old cable) then changed it for QED 25th annivesary special edition cable. Immediately there was a difference, greater clarity in the upper reaches and greater separation in the bass. This is with Arcam Alpha 7 sources, Alpha 8 pre- and power-amps (ie bi-amped), and Monitor Audio S5 speakers, so reasonable stuff to test with.

No offence, but I think the fact you can't tell the difference says more about the listener's ears than about the equipment!! :P

Anyway - seriously :offtopic: now! :)

Mike

Well I couldn't wait till tomorrow, so took a 30 mins this morning and tried it out.

It works, and works well.

The most fiddley bit was getting to the connector at the back of the amp, could do with being a contorsionist. I ended up near enough taking the amp out.

Just for testing I used an old JVC tape unit, with an old tape (took me a while to find one I have to say, then it wasn't the best choice in the world :blush: )

I have taken a video on my phone, it is now on You Tube,

Tried the balance and fade and all speakers are working, you can adjust the volume, bass and treble. Basically this is what every one has been waiting for.

Have spoken to Pete about a group buy on these. Waiting for confirmation of this to go ahead.

Please note though this will only work on cars WITHOUT Sat Nav. If yours has Sat Nav keep checking back as Fargo is trying to sort something out.

Should be a massive help to a lot of people especially if Fargo sorts out a Sat Nav version.

Your right should be a big help. Will have two types if Fargo can sort something out.

Group buy will likely be around the £47 mark, which in my view is very resonable seeing as they are all make and crimped by hand.

Sounds brilliant Lee, I've been waiting for something like this for a year now.. I have the Sport with amp I assume but with no Sat Nav, so i basically plug this into the amp? and can add a new head unit?

Which is great as my unit is err3 :(

last question lol... would it work on 99 lexus is it differnt for top/bottom headunits? :(

Sounds brilliant Lee, I've been waiting for something like this for a year now.. I have the Sport with amp I assume but with no Sat Nav, so i basically plug this into the amp? and can add a new head unit?

Which is great as my unit is err3 :(

last question lol... would it work on 99 lexus is it differnt for top/bottom headunits? :(

I had the bottom loading unit, it doesn't use the amp at all, you unplug the loom from the amp and plug this lead into the lead you just removed. Then plug the other end into your new stereo.

the part number on the amp should be 86280-530030, although i didn't check mine.

Listened on you tube & I can hear only one big prob with the audio.....

it seams to be playing Michael Jackson : )

Nice 1 Lee

How does the group discount work (membership...)?

It was the first tape I found after 5 mins of searching. Haven't used them for ages.

Just trying to finalise the details. I post in the Group buy section when its ready, but its looking like we'll need about 20 peeps interested.

Thanks Lee I'll check my stuff soon then buy buy buy lol.. ;)

Last question maybe ;)

Do you have stock speakers Lee?

Would it be ok to hook up a sub/amp via my headunit with this new plug an play?

Edited by chrisis200

Last question maybe ;)

Yes that should be fine as you'll be using the Phono connections off the stereo and it will have nothing to do with the standard stereo speakers.

Last question maybe ;)

As Stav said above.

Yes I still have the standard speakers installed.

I have been watching and emailed him to. This thread is great and Count me in to the Group Buy too.

Been looking for this for a long time.

Cheers guys for the redearch ect..

The system has been sitting updtaires for ages and been nervious about ripping the stock apart etc..

Cheers

Dibslpg

In Addition to above, Forgot to ask:

Would it be possible to split the rear bottom 6x9 Subs and wire them up through a 2chnl Amp?

Thinking this will get more Bass out of the Stock back 6x9s?

I have a 10" Sub but I haveno room in the Boot :crybaby: due to the LPG tank (35lt) and once the pram, shopping etc goes in i have no room for even a Kleenex :crybaby::crybaby: Hence need them back bass speakers.

Cheers once again guys for any coments..

Dibslpg :D

I have been watching and emailed him to. This thread is great and Count me in to the Group Buy too.

Been looking for this for a long time.

Cheers guys for the redearch ect..

The system has been sitting updtaires for ages and been nervious about ripping the stock apart etc..

Cheers

Dibslpg

That may not be possible because one of the speakers runs off 4ohms and one off 2 ohms but i believe you can get amps what you can set the ohmage on.

I'm sure somebody could clarify this.

There is four wires (two positive, two negative, one set for each speaker) going into the speakers though so the physical side of it is possible. Just not sure about the electronic side.

Ok i sort of messed up my install last night and getting loads of interference through all the speakers now! :crybaby: So a few questions about this wire. Are you plugging it into the amp and then the headubit or from the panel beside the passenger side fuse box where the amp is plugged into. I have the sat nav but aint using it. I chopped off the the connector that went into the factory HU to wire in my new HU, wires arent together very securely so this wire should sort things for me. Can you stick up some close up pics of both ends of the wire and where it is plugged in to, Lee? Just wanna make sure this will fit my RS. Cheers

Your connecting into the wires that come from the speakers to the amp. The lead completely diposes of the amp and headunit. Just uses the stock speakers and speaker wire.

So IRLRS200 are you still running your headunit through the stock amp? why did you have to cut the plug off?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links