Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could This Solve All The Problems?

Your connecting into the wires that come from the speakers to the amp. The lead completely diposes of the amp and headunit. Just uses the stock speakers and speaker wire.

So IRLRS200 are you still running your headunit through the stock amp? why did you have to cut the plug off?

Im not using the factory speaker cable, I cut off the connector because i thought it would be easier to connect up the new HU. Does this mean that i wont be able to use this wire? Not sure if im am using the factory amp. If i am im only using the power wires

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right i get it now.

The only standard connector you use with this lead is the one that plugs INTO the Amp, FROM the speakers. The other side is a standard stereo connector you find on most aftermarket headunits.

So as long as you haven't cut that connector off you'll be fine.

And no your not using the amp if your only using the power. Cause i've remoed my standard amp and still use the power that normally went to the standard headunit.

Right i get it now.

The only standard connector you use with this lead is the one that plugs INTO the Amp, FROM the speakers. The other side is a standard stereo connector you find on most aftermarket headunits.

So as long as you haven't cut that connector off you'll be fine.

And no your not using the amp if your only using the power. Cause i've remoed my standard amp and still use the power that normally went to the standard headunit.

Ok now im confused, so the wire i chopped up doesnt need to be used with this new wire? Heres a pic of which one i cut hope you can make sense of the mess. so the new wire has an ISO type connector on one end which connects to the new HU and the other ends connects to........???

overviewgf9.jpg

dscn0645er1.jpg

Going into the amp you have two connectors, you remove the big one that goes to the speakers. You plug this lead into that connector and the other end into your new HU.

Meaning that the OEM stereo connector you have there does not work. The new lead just means that you are not using the amp.

Basically your removing the output connector from the amp and connecting you you new HU to it.

Hope this makes sense. I removed the kick panel to get access to the amp and this lead is just there temporary.

I'll try and get some pics, car is in a lockup during the week.

Yep Lee's Right.

Hopefully this quick picture will make it clearer.

Connector.jpg

Ok that clears things up a bit. So Stav the cables you say are for power and earth? As far as i know the power and earth should be incoporated into the ISO conenctor that goes onto the HU

Those two wires, one needs crimping onto the the black cable attached to the aerial connector. As the aerial is power so as to make receive more signals. The other I can't rememer off the top of my head.

I didn't need to attach them when I was testing it. As soon as I pick my car up I'll take another look.

Scratch what i said before.

Just looked at my Wiring diagrams for the Lexus and the connector you attach this lead to contains the speaker wires, as well as the Permenant Live, Ignition Live, and Earth for the amp, so the lead just uses these to power the new headunit.

So in the light of that and thinking some more, them two wires will be; one for the aerial power as Lee said, and the other possibly for illumination (connect to your lights so the display dims when your lights come on).

Really quite a good lead all in all

Scratch what i said before.

Just looked at my Wiring diagrams for the Lexus and the connector you attach this lead to contains the speaker wires, as well as the Permenant Live, Ignition Live, and Earth for the amp, so the lead just uses these to power the new headunit.

So in the light of that and thinking some more, them two wires will be; one for the aerial power as Lee said, and the other possibly for illumination (connect to your lights so the display dims when your lights come on).

Really quite a good lead all in all

Thats it, nice one Stav. The other is for illumination, so you can dim your new unit with the switch. Only if it was supported on the old unit,

Those diagrams you got? are they in PDF format?

any chance of a copy?

Yes they are. There technically for the IS300 so some wire colours are different to what you'll find in the IS200 but the connector numbers are all the same so its pretty simple.

ALso is your car pre or post 2001?

PM me your email address and i'll send them over.

Stav

Yes they are. There technically for the IS300 so some wire colours are different to what you'll find in the IS200 but the connector numbers are all the same so its pretty simple.

Stav

mine is a 1999, will it fit? as far as i know the altezza is the same from 98-02.

Stav

mine is a 1999, will it fit? as far as i know the altezza is the same from 98-02.

What i'll do, tomorrow night i'll pick my car up and take some pics of the connector then you can see if it is the same as you have in yours. From memory I think there wer 16 pins but only 15 used.

You should have mail Dan

What i'll do, tomorrow night i'll pick my car up and take some pics of the connector then you can see if it is the same as you have in yours. From memory I think there wer 16 pins but only 15 used.

It is 15 pins but i'm sure you can tell that yourself now

This is the connector behind the amp. The leads from this conector go to the speakers. Sorry its a bit blurred, taken on my mobile, very hard to get a picture of.

The only thing i can make out in that pic is your fingers!! So with the new lead you dont need to use the factory amp? If thats the case ill take it out! Just in the way there!

How can you not see that massive white thing in the top right?

And yes thats correct it doesn't use the standard amp so go ahead rip it out.

Oh only jokin i can see it grand just cant make out how many pins exactly!

15 pins, 7 on the top row, 8 on the bottom.

I left my amp in so it'll be easier to revert back to standard quickly if needs be.

I left my amp in so it'll be easier to revert back to standard quickly if needs be.

But how did you get the amp lead out? My hands are sore and bruised from trying!!

But how did you get the amp lead out? My hands are sore and bruised from trying!!

It is a bit fiddley

replied in your other post

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=37856

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links