Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

V300/gs300 Interior Lights

jimmytt

As a pre soarer tt owner I have recently got hold of a Aristo V300 Vertex. Immaculate, light mods inc induction/exhaust/dump valve/struts/adjustable shocks and lowered all round sitting on split rim volk racing alloys with 265/30/19 rear and 235/35/19 front. A real looker and very rare. I hope to post some pictures soon but have the dreaded interior light prob...namely they dont work when the doors are opened. I know its sensor/switch somewhere in the lock mechanism but has anyone had a go at it yet? Any help will be appreciated

The switch is part of the lock on the pillars, not cheap to replace but you can always try to seperate the switches,

Are all the interior lights not working or just the odd one ?? you could be looking at a fuse

The switch is part of the lock on the pillars, not cheap to replace but you can always try to seperate the switches,

Are all the interior lights not working or just the odd one ?? you could be looking at a fuse

Hi the lights dont come on when you open any 1 of the 4 doors, but you can switch on the lights from the buttons inside, and yes, i have the switch in the right position (doors) so the lights work, but none of the door sensors do??

It's odd that ALL the door switches would have failed, will have a look at the wiring diags tomorrow and may find out if there a weakness within the circuit.

What you could try and do is remove the door catch (mark the postion before hand though) and short out the wire on the bodywork, if it's down to the switch, this will switch on the lights, if not - it's not due to the door switches

It's odd that ALL the door switches would have failed, will have a look at the wiring diags tomorrow and may find out if there a weakness within the circuit.

What you could try and do is remove the door catch (mark the postion before hand though) and short out the wire on the bodywork, if it's down to the switch, this will switch on the lights, if not - it's not due to the door switches

hi,just back home and checked my replies, where are the fuses for the interior lights/door switches? Havent had a chance to look at anything at all yet so excuse my ignorance. Also I have to touch screen fitted, is it possible to fit a band expander so I can get decent radio frequencies?...My auto elec reckons there is no aerial plugs on the back of the screen?

If I remember correctly, the fuse for the Interior Lights also runs the radio, clock etc.... and it's under the bonett behind the Battery.

When I fitted my expander, I needed to make an aerial plug for mine, there aren't any aerial plugs in these as norm, any good auto elecy would be able to make this for you. It's a normal aerial socket one end and 2 cables the other - earth and signal. Just need to make sure you sheild the signal cable or you'll get noise through the aerial

Just had a look at the wiring for the Interior Lighting System, there is an Integration Relay in the drivers side kick well along with a Gauge fuse that protects this relay, and also a relay block with a dome fuse under the bonett in the fuse box.

However I'm not sure if this would apply to the MK II Dave but worth ago mate

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links