Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Email Address To Complain

Hi all,

Remember reading these forums before and email addresses were given for high up people in Lexus where I could write to and complain. Does anyone have these?? as I am not annoyed at lexus edinburgh as i called them today to book car again for the thord time for the same problem and still ot resolved. Was told I would be phoned bacjk twice and nobody has called me!!

Help is much appreciated!

Ivan

if i can make a complaint to them yes. Ta

'The Mole' was a poster and lurker on this forum and was on the Lexus Edinburgh staff, but I notice he hasn't been active since February 07th this year....wonder why :shifty:

if i can make a complaint to them yes. Ta

'The Mole' was a poster and lurker on this forum and was on the Lexus Edinburgh staff, but I notice he hasn't been active since February 07th this year....wonder why :shifty:

Probably moved on - car salespeople are on a perpetual merry-go-round. I would advise emailing customer relations at Lexus. In my experience they will pursue the matter and get back to you.

Dear Ivan

We have met and at that point I am sure I made it clear, as I do to all my customers, that should you have an issue with any aspect of the service we provide, to ask for me personally. I never refuse a call from a customer!

I will take this opportunity to answer some of your concerns.

I have a record of one phone call from you yesterday at 3pm, the message was passed to my Parts Manager, I assume you asked for him. He apologies for the time it has taken to get back to you but he is 2 member of staff short and ran out of time yesterday.

After looking at your history, there would appear not to be a duplicate of any complaint, perhaps you can let me know what the current issue is.

Regarding the remote locking; the issue with transponders being swamped is well document on this site and I notice your participation in these threads; If you would like to discuss this any further, please call me.

Mr Tango

I can assure you that 'The Mole' is, and never has been a member of my staff. Any postings I make are up front with my occupation made clear. I do understand why the mole kept his identity hidden as some of the logic employed by some members when they post is hard to understand. This is also the reason I haven't posted recently; I do however take a keen interest in the site.

I am reaching for the fire extinguisher as I hit the 'add reply' button.

Ian Reynolds

Centre Principal

Lexus Edinburgh

Dear Ivan

We have met and at that point I am sure I made it clear, as I do to all my customers, that should you have an issue with any aspect of the service we provide, to ask for me personally. I never refuse a call from a customer!

I have a record of one phone call from you yesterday at 3pm, the message was passed to my Parts Manager, I assume you asked for him. He apologies for the time it has taken to get back to you but he is 2 member of staff short and ran out of time yesterday.

After looking at your history, there would appear not to be a duplicate of any complaint, perhaps you can let me know what the current issue is.

Regarding the remote locking; the issue with transponders being swamped is well document on this site and I notice your participation in these threads; If you would like to discuss this any further, please call me.

Mr Tango

I can assure you that 'The Mole' is, and never has been a member of my staff. Any postings I make are up front with my occupation made clear. I do understand why the mole kept his identity hidden as some of the logic employed by some members when they post is hard to understand. This is also the reason I haven't posted recently; I do however take a keen interest in the site.

Ian Reynolds

Centre Principal

Lexus Edinburgh

Hope your looking on here too Richard!!!!!

Dear Ivan

Mr Tango

Ian Reynolds

Centre Principal

Lexus Edinburgh

Big Brother is watching us.... Seriously, it's good to know that Dealer Principles do take an interest in this site and others like it - we're all interested in seeing the brand do well. Mind you I'm confused by the statement "'The Mole' is, and never has been a member of my staff" - well is he or isn't he?

Big Brother is watching us.... Seriously, it's good to know that Dealer Principles do take an interest in this site and others like it - we're all interested in seeing the brand do well. Mind you I'm confused by the statement "'The Mole' is, and never has been a member of my staff" - well is he or isn't he?

Sorry, I missed a 'not'.

Sorry, I missed a 'not'.

Ian,

I apologise, after going through all of Mr Moles posts he never once mentioned which dealership he worked for so I don't know why I connected him to Edinburgh. One of the LOC members suggested we track him down, but you can see his reply in the attached:

......Lexus don't allocate more cars to 'preferred dealers'. All dealers will be allocated a number of cars to match the size of their customer catchment area and their historic sales numbers. It is all done quite fairly.

If a Lexus dealer has sold all of their allocation, Lexus will try their best to find that dealer an extra car or two to keep customers happy.

And out of interest, why on earth would anyone want to find me? Look for Mole hills! biggrin.gif

As you say, I don't know why he wished to hide his identity as most of the information he posted was useful....anyway it's good to see posts on the forum from Dealer Principles as everyone gains from communication. There are a lot of 'lurkers' on the site, presumably most are just interested and after info without feeling the need to contribute, which is unfortunate. I'd like to see posts from Lexus Technicians, but perhaps that's a wish too far :whistling:

Ian Reynolds

Centre Principal

Lexus Edinburgh

Ian - Not at all......personally speaking, I think it's wonderful that you take an interest and are prepared to post. More DP's should. It makes us believe that you are human :winky:

And that's the point. All techies, dealer staff are human, and sometimes leave some of us demanding more. but hey that's human nature. I should know...I've been more demanding than most!!!

• 1 month later...

:crybaby:

Ok...after posting my comments above, my car was kindly taken in by those people at Lexus to look at. FYI the problem was a creaking drivers seat coming from the seatbelt catch area.

The car was in for over 4 days and unfortunately i couldnt give it a quick test drive as it was dropped of at work, but i was advised that it was fixed. Well.......as I am sure you have guessed, it wasnt! Infact it came back with a further problem. My ICE pack which is stored in the glove box doesnt work! So, I still have a creaking front seat and to add to that I have a DVD system that doesnt work in the rear seats!

Well its back at Lexus Edinburgh tomorrow and im getting a RX400h as a courtesy car. But I just want my car fixed. Would make me soooo happy.

I was told that it was my seating position by the service manager as I am a fairly big guy.....but that shouldnt matter. You should be able to sit anywhere in a 30000 car and not expect it to creak!!

So wish me all luck.....4th time lucky. I will keep u posted!

Good luck - my car has been in for just over a week (new IS220d courtesy car) for gearbox rebuild, weeping fuel pump, dash rattle, and a couple of other niggles.

They service I have received has been nothing less than as expected from Lexus and I have no hesitation in recommending them. We must also remember they are undergoing a fairly major development just now and it's a bit chaotic. Although, that should not of course lead to poor customer service.

Brian :)

Ivan - mine went in for exactly the same thing - twice. It is now fixed. get them to speak to Leicester - a man there knows exactly what to do with that seat belt anchor.

Well got my car back today and all is looking good. For those of you that dont know the problem it was a annoying "creaking" noise from the seat belt catch area. I fixed this myself previously by putting down a bit of cloth, and it looks like lexus edinburgh have done the same, except its a black piece of cloth! Apart from that all is good as this fix seems to have stopped all creaks. Which I am very happy about, so thankyou John Donaldson at Lexus Edinburgh. But I have been in this situation before when it was in for the third time. So I will hang fire just now, but it is looking very promising. I have to thank John as he has been fantastic in keeping me updated and also giving me a Lexus RX350 as a courtesy car. Lovely car and so tempting!!!

Shame I didnt get a bottle of wine as a gesture of goodwill or at least half a tank of petrol!!!!!! I had to fill my car when the gave me it back!

But all in all THANK YOU VERY MUCH. But I will email all direct to reflect this also.

Anyone else have the seatbelt issue ???

Well im glad to report that mine are all gone and lets hope they stay that way! Im just glad to have my car back and running smoothly. There is now no need for me to drive with the radio up full to hide the creaks! Let me know how you get on Brian

Good luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links