Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My cars just had some paintwork done and been in an oven.

Now the SatNav screen doesn't come on , and all the buttons around the screen are dead (although they light up with the lights.) The remote locking is acting wierd too. Everything else seems to be working OK (including the audio)

The repair shop are going to sort it out, and they know it's their mistake, but I wondered if anyone had any ideas? They have checked all the fuses (so they say)

I was thinking about resetting the ECU - whattayareckon?

sounds like your ecu could be a little screwed.......if there sorting it.......no problemo

whenever i do body repairs i always disconnect the ecu from the car........especially if the car needs painting and a trip to the oven

heat and power spikes(welding) kill modern ecu's

if the GS is anything like the IS2 and uses a multiplex ecu sytem, then it will more than likely be the ecu that controls the nav and security system........which on the IS2 are the same ecu

Just checked my cookbook.

Lexus GS300 98- without satnav 35minutes gas mark 6

Lexus GS300 98- with satnav 35 minutes gas mark 5 or until golden blue

Have you actually seen the car since? Are they working it properly?

Picking up my replacement GS300 tomorrow after the first one let me down. Hope it's not a baking hot day or it seems I'd be in for some more troubles!

Hope they sort it for you pronto and that the respray is upto scratch. I had the bonnet of my old Civic resprayed. Took it to the jetwash and woomph, a great chunk of lacquer came off. Shop blamed it on a dud batch of lacquer.

What paintwork you had done then Rod??

some plank in a Vauxhall hit me with his trailer cos he was going to fast coming the other way and his trailer ended up on my side of the road.

Paintjob on front and rear doors, plus a complete set of door mouldings (glad I wan't paying!!)

But Roddz, what about the damage he caused to your L-Sportline body kit you had just fitted... B)

I'll be a witness to the damage he caused, if you want. :lol: Get you're claim in fast!!

Well we could make it your word & mine against his.... (for a price. :arrrggg-matey: )

lexusparts_1722_3128238.gif

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links