Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mintex Pads

mark.w

just a quick one really i've had ebc discs and redstuff pads now for a year and the front pads are now out, so its time for a change, especially as i found the pads to be pretty poor if not worse than standard for bite. I think iam going to buy mintex as comments seem good unless anyone knows otherwise, and if not where have people been getting good deals,cheers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used ebc pads before on a previous car I owned and soon got rid of them, can't say a good word about them

I've got mintex all round on my tezza on standard disc and there great not had a problem yet with stopping and they've had a bit of stick at times

I got mine off of eBay for about £55 for all 4 corners which was pretty good

I can't comment with my Lexus cause i just use standard discs and pads.

But on my old car i used EBC Greenstuff pads once and didn't go back to them. I didn't really find much benefit from them, and they produced so much more Brake dust than OEM pads.

I can't comment with my Lexus cause i just use standard discs and pads.

But on my old car i used EBC Greenstuff pads once and didn't go back to them. I didn't really find much benefit from them, and they produced so much more Brake dust than OEM pads.

i thought with greenstuff pads you should get less brake dust :unsure: :)

Thats what they advertise. But i definately had more. They were on a Ford Ka as well so not like it's an extremely heavy car or anything

so do these mintex pads cause less brake dust,or have you no reports on this. :)

I had greenstuff on a previous car...never again!

I have mintex now with prolex's grooved discs, they seem very good and initial bite is great even when cold, Still not got them to catch fire yet as i had with the ebc's twice...not good!

Spikes i wash my car every week and i would say dust is about the same as OEM

I have mintex now with prolex's grooved discs, they seem very good and initial bite is great even when cold, Still not got them to catch fire yet as i had with the ebc's twice...not good!

so you think mintex is the better buy then. :) running oem pads at mo

really looking for front pads that don't kick out so much dust even under normal driving conditions.

i wash car every week aswell,cant stand dirty wheels :D

I dont know what the price difference is between Lexus and Mintex and Im sure there is cheaper out there but I wanted new discs anyway (olds warped) so i went all the way and got groovies and mintex pads...I do feel confident with the new set up and i like the initial bite, I do find myself keeping an eye on the car behind tho'

when i picked my car up my girlfriend said that she almost married her car with my back bumper. :crying:

In all im happy with them! :D

so you think mintex is the better buy then. :) running oem pads at mo

really looking for front pads that don't kick out so much dust even under normal driving conditions.

i wash car every week aswell,cant stand dirty wheels :D

I have a set of Mintex pads for sale (front) £25 at you door (uk only) :D

• 1 month later...

I have just fitted a new set of mintex pads all round to my is200 1 week ago and find them to be much better than OEM pads.

I have used green stuff pads before on a rover coupe 200 turbo and found them to be lacking in any real grip, the dust was also very poor. Wheels looked dirty after every journey....

I paid about £60 for set of front and rear off e'bay, which is a heck of a lot cheaper than from a shop or on-line..

I have just fitted a new set of mintex pads all round to my is200 1 week ago and find them to be much better than OEM pads.

I have used green stuff pads before on a rover coupe 200 turbo and found them to be lacking in any real grip, the dust was also very poor. Wheels looked dirty after every journey....

I paid about £60 for set of front and rear off e'bay, which is a heck of a lot cheaper than from a shop or on-line..

Alright everyone. I was under the impression mintex were no good. Obviously you lot rate them, which is good enough for me. How much better are they than the standard pads?? Also, what discs would anyone recommend?? Ive got 19" wheels on so I definately need a bigger set as the standard set up looks tiny compared to the wheels. Many thanks, Tom

• 1 month later...
Got a box of Mintex's for my rears (rather do them myself than pay Lexus for it!)

Shall report on how they feel in due course :)

I fitted Mintex all round on my IS200 Sport approximately two years ago and DBA Gold drilled discs at the same time. Never had a problem with fade and they bite pretty well. Still got dust but not so much as the OEMs.

• 2 weeks later...