Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement Keys

GreyArea

£12 for key insurance for a year.....

You could lose a key :huh: and claim on the insurance for a new key...

They will pay up to £1500 for replacement keys/locks.

My car only came with one key... it cost me £12 to sort that little problem out....

No excess to pay either.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been given a price of 25pounds for the master key and 125pounds for the ECU. Is that reasonable?

If anyone can tell me whether swapping the ECU out would work that would be great!

Thanks.

Yes and I think so.

I decided it was not worth the risk for a number of reasons.

1. The ECU's can differ year to year, country to country, man or auto trans. So the possibility that the ECU would be the exact match for my model and year of IS200 was slim.

2. The door locks are apparently a pain to change.

3. I originally thought it would not be that cost effective

Lexus service gave me the number of a company in Sydney which has the equipment to deprogram and reprogam and ECU and get replacement keys. I went for this option.

Cost? F'ing hell! It was not cheap. Price in Aus dollars; $880 to reprogram the ECU. $300 for the genuine 3 button lexus key. $60 to lasercut the key. 1 hours labour.

I got two keys so all up it was over $1800! I'm just repeatedly telling myself how more expensive and inconvenient it would have been if I lost my one and only valet key. I'm also spending "quality" time pressing the lock, unlock and boot buttons.

Apparently (I was told after the purchase) that you can buy the standard lexus key with no buttons for $47.

• 4 years later...

Hello

I was lucky enough to be given a Lexus IS200 when my oldman got a new car, The master key housing was cracked so i was just using the spare until the housing on this one has cracked. I have looked around and found a cheap option for me to use and wondered if anyone could validate it.

This website offers replacement blanks for both master and spare, you just swap the interal parts over from the broken keys and then get them cut. You then insert the key into your ignition and follow a procedure to sync the key to the car.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Adam

www.carkeyhelp.co.uk/products/Lexus-IS200-1999%252d2005-key-programming-instructions.html

Hello

I was lucky enough to be given a Lexus IS200 when my oldman got a new car, The master key housing was cracked so i was just using the spare until the housing on this one has cracked. I have looked around and found a cheap option for me to use and wondered if anyone could validate it.

This website offers replacement blanks for both master and spare, you just swap the interal parts over from the broken keys and then get them cut. You then insert the key into your ignition and follow a procedure to sync the key to the car.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Adam

www.carkeyhelp.co.uk/products/Lexus-IS200-1999%252d2005-key-programming-instructions.html

If you are just having the blades cut and swapping the old internals over you will not need to reprogramme the keys as they will already work :)

Andy

• 7 years later...

Hi. Just read this thread on 08/03/2019

I have one key for my is200 (3 button master)

I called lexus and a replacement is £90.40 plus vat. There's an additional labour cost for programming which I'm advised is about 15mins at £25

The key comes precut if you provide your reg

It's probably not relevant but it was with lexus Stockport. Gino was very helpful in servicing

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links