Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Eveybody, Dont Laugh Too Hard!

DeanoC

Hi guys and girls,

Im Dean, 21, from Essex. Im the admin on www.Coupe-Club.co.uk.

I have decided i want an IS200 sport, they seem one of the most reliable cars on the road, look good, are tricked up and excellent value now.

Anyways heres what im driving at the moment: Click Here

Its my first and only car :)

I live up the road from TDI and will get the TTE S/C kit and some other tricks as soon as i pick one up.

I know there are not many options but can someone explain the option packs......... i really want full leather but not seen many about......

Deano

Cheers mate,

I was under the impression it was a factory option. If not il have to make do with 1/2 until i can find a scrapped 300 :)

I had full leather in my last car and vowed I would not have a car without it, I comprimesed with the half leather and I actually prefer it now, no sweaty / sticky legs / back in summer and it looks beter, I feel, than the leather.

PS try not to get an S spec the SE is worth the extra for heated seats, better stereo, half leather, bigger alloys and im sure there is lots more but I cant remember them

try one and you may be pleasently supprised.

Craig

Thanks fatpieman :)

I have tried a few and love everything apart from they are a bit slow (easily fixed i know).

It will definately be a sport the one i get. I just wondered about some of the packs i have seen mentioned. Like aero, aero 2, navigator etc.

hi there

from one newbie to another welcome to the site.

i only bought a megane a couple of weeks ago in the uk and now i am going over to uk to get an is200 for myself, i am dying to get one now but everyone keeps saying wait till after christmas because there will be a load of people trading older models in for new year regs. what other car would you put the performance on par with, my last car was a puma.

good luck finding the one for you.

steve

hi there

from one newbie to another welcome to the site.

i only bought a megane a couple of weeks ago in the uk and now i am going over to uk to get an is200 for myself, i am dying to get one now but everyone keeps saying wait till after christmas because there will be a load of people trading older models in for new year regs. what other car would you put the performance on par with, my last car was a puma.

good luck finding the one for you.

steve

Hello mate,

Performance of the megane coupe, or the is200?

I have only driven a few is200's and they are very slow off the mark and around town etc (about the same as a 1.4 16v megane), but they are better at speed and tbh i dont care about that as they are wicked cars in general.

What puma did you have? the 1.7 vvt yamaha ones are quite quick, noticbly more so than an is200, id say the 1.4 and 1.6 will be about the same...... again though the 6 pot with its torque and 6spd box will come into its own on the faster roads IMO.

I think i will be waiting until after xmas, but Dons one in the for sale section ahs caught my eye big time, just insurance is a worry for me being young.

If you ever have an issue with the megane give me a shout, i think i actually know everything there is to know about them lol

Thanks fatpieman :)

It will definately be a sport the one i get. I just wondered about some of the packs i have seen mentioned. Like aero, aero 2, navigator etc.

Navigator just means its got the optional Lexus sat-nav with a pop-up screen built into the top centre of the dash (other models just have a tray here).

The aero packs are different optional body kit parts like side skirts sport grille etc. Not sure on the exact types/shapes avail.

There were never that many options on the IS, just the three modes (S, SE, Sport) + a few optional extras as above.