Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having taken delivery of a new GS300SE 5 weeks ago I was suprised to find that the DVD for the satelite navigation although dated 2004-2005 (quite how it can be up to date for both years i don't understand) but found roads I drive on regularly which were bypassed in 2003 are not on the disc. Having asked the dealer I was told they have had customers trying out cars and found the disc to be more than 5 years out of date. They advise me that the disc I have is the most up to date. Surely Lexus would be able to offer a more up to date disc.

Having taken delivery of a new GS300SE 5 weeks ago I was suprised to find that the DVD for the satelite navigation although dated 2004-2005 (quite how it can be up to date for both years i don't understand) but found roads I drive on regularly which were bypassed in 2003 are not on the disc. Having asked the dealer I was told they have had customers trying out cars and found the disc to be more than 5 years out of date. They advise me that the disc I have is the most up to date. Surely Lexus would be able to offer a more up to date disc.

For information on map updates go to www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ or www.navteq.com who produce the discs and will firect you to the Lexus update site. You will need to know your current DVD or CD part number to confirm if there is an updated disc for your car.

My car (6 months old) has the 2005-2006 Version 1 DVD in it. The only previous owner was Lexus UK. so perhaps they put the latest disc in it for demonstration purposes.

According to the website recommended by oldcro, there seems to be a 2006-2007 version out now, but I shall persevere with this one for a while yet. My first take on the Lexus Sat Nav is that although it's more sophisticated than my old Tom Tom One, the mapping isn't as good. Doesn't have my drive on it!

Bit poor if yours has such an old version in it. Cause for complaint?

IanB :D

That's just the point the "latest" disc does not have the latest roads on either. If anyone checks for the M6 toll road and see if their disc has it on, they will, according to the dealer, find that it isn't on, even on the latest disc.

Hi,

Just to let people know I ordered an update DVD for my sat nav on the 8th and it arrived today via DHL and its a 2006/7 v1 and its got full coverage of uk and irl ..159 euro via http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ or 250 + vat with your local dealer..at least that what I paid only 18months ago for a 2004/5 v2 .dvd..

Even low its 2006/7 it based on info from october 2005..so it says on book that came with dvd..

thanks to oldcro for the info..

Nige

I just checked the above site, its says 159 euro.

Why so cheap? Lexus dealers want £300+

Nige, is it a full europe disc?

Thanks

Paul

Yes mate full europe..the part number is PZ485-LO1EU-06,,dvd-rom...08927-50871..will work in gs300 mk2 and rx300 mk2..

Nige

Received disk today, and it was the €159 version and yes it is all europe.

Map date is December 2005 and has all the roads I was looking for, except the M6 Toll road which opened in 2003. I don't know what it is about that road but they just don't seem to want to list it. I'm going to try and contact them and see what they are playing at, as it is a major arterial change to the motorways. Funny how my BMW 2006 maps had it and Navteq quote BMW as one of the manufacturers they supply.

Hi,

Mapupdates requires the part number of the DVD Disc from the Navigation system.

My Disc refuses to eject so that I can read the part no.

Can anybody please give an indication on how I might get the Disc to eject ?

Many Thanks

leo18

You need to have the engine running and you need to slide the little button across

Hi,

Mapupdates requires the part number of the DVD Disc from the Navigation system.

My Disc refuses to eject so that I can read the part no.

Can anybody please give an indication on how I might get the Disc to eject ?

Many Thanks

leo18

You need to have the engine running and you need to slide the little button across

Thanks for that.

That's really cheap guys...order before someone pulls it off....especially if dealers come aware of that :shifty:

Somone could make money here, buy few and sell them on fleebay :whistling: :winky:

Any new POI's on disc? Does it upgrade the DVD system, i.e. more options on screen, etc :question:

That's just the point the "latest" disc does not have the latest roads on either. If anyone checks for the M6 toll road and see if their disc has it on, they will, according to the dealer, find that it isn't on, even on the latest disc.

Curiosity has just got the better of me, so I checked for the M6 Toll on my system. Lo and behold it is there. :lol:

I managed to navigate to Wishaw, near Sutton Coldfield, and it even offered me the M6 Toll intersection as a destination.

Sounds like your dealer doesn't understand the system which, given it's complexity, comes as no surprise!

IanB :D

Sorry guys, just checked again and the M6 toll is on the new disc, it is hard to see on large scale as the map shows it as M42 unless you go far enough north of the junction (that's why we have computers cos idiots like me make mistakes). More POI's as well. Fast delivery from the euupdates link (2 days) and at more than 50% cheaper than the dealers has got to a good deal. Full European coverage as well.

Anyone who has bought the disk via the euupdates link, does your voice input system still work. I have found that with the new disk although the voice guidance works my voice input system no longer works, i'm guessing the files for this are on the dvd and this maybe the reason why the lexus dealer copy is more expensive than the dvd from here.

What experiences have you guys had? or have they sent me the wrong disc?

I have a 2001 gs300 (y reg) with DVD nav. Managed to eject mine and type the numbers on the disc into the Lexus Map Updates site. It didn't recognise these numbers. Did anyone else have these problems? I don't fancy spending anymore money at Lexus as I have just spent £1200 on it's service this week and now I'm skint.

I checked my disc and saw the numbers on the disc are different to the one on my old disc and different to the delivery note also, therefore wonder if I have the wrong disc, hence why problems, not the fact that it is a cheaper disc without full functionality. Spoke to Lexus GB (the only number available on the site to call) and their first response was "I didn't know you could buy them off the web site" but still said to take it to local Lexus dealer for them to check and swap if necessary with correct one. So waiting to hear (as the service was closed by time I got there until after Christmas). However pleased to report that Lexus say disc should be fully functioning and you get the added bonus of having local dealer service but at more than half the cost by ordering direct. Just be careful and make sure you order the correct codes.

Got an 03 GS430 sport - I had the 2004 / 2005 v2 disc. My DVD had 86271-24124A - if anyone else has the same combination leave the A off when inputting this into the code field on the web site. Ordered mine boxing day and turned up today!!

When you insert it, the DVD upgrades the Software of the DVD complete with backdrop of rising sun which was not expected. Takes about 5 minutes then it works fine though it did put mine in swedish initially. No functionality difference but seems a lot more responsive and more roads than before so definitely worth it.