Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I got a 51 reg gs430 sport, i ordered my disc last week but only got round to put it in today. i used the part number that one of the members had put above to order disc as my car was in garage. when i put my updated disc in it is not reading it and says no gps signal? when i put in my original disc part number in lexus mapupdates it says invalid part number? the part number i have on original disc is 08664-50860 and update one is 86271-24126. Why is it not reading disc? when i put original back in it works. Do i need to calibrate or wait a while to upload???

PLEASE HELP.

08664-50860 is so old the website doesn't know about it. Try 08664-50861 which was next years disc.

You have a 2000 (1st Generation) DVD unit. You will probably find the latest part number to order is PZ485-L00EU-06.

86271-24126 is not a disc for your system and therefore will not be read. You will need to exchange it.

thanks for that, much appreciated.

if i order the one you have quoted are you sure it will work?

also how can i exchange it as that site keeps directing to lexus GB, would i be able to take it into local dealer?

I would speak to Lexus GB and ask about the returns/replacement policy. You may be able to do it through your dealer or you may have to post it back but speak to customer services first.

The disc number you have (Ver 1.01) is the same as the one in my vehicle which is a 2000 model so I know the DVD unit is a 1st generation.

I've checked with a Lexus dealer a couple of years ago for updates to my vehicle and received the following information on update discs:

08664-50864 Sat nav DVD ROM

Note

Please select this part number for vehicles produced until end June 2001. For vehicles produced from July 2001 onwards, please see alternative part number in main menu.

Latest accessory version of the disc fitted at factory. Version 1, Release 2004-2005. P/N 08664-50863 was Version 1.04, Release 03-06, P/N 08664-50862 was Version 1.03, P/N 08664-50861 was Version 1.02.

Your Lexus dealer should be able to exchange it, if not there is a telephone contact number for Lexus GB on the updates website, call that and they will be able to arrange an exchange for you, although they may charge if it was ordered incorrectly.

I have spoken to my local dealer & they dont wanna knw abt it and say if you bought goods from else where why should we change it, spoke to lexus GB and they said to contact the company i bought it from, i e-mailed lexus map-updates and they say they are investigating case and will get back to me regarding result, where did u see tel number on that site, i cant find any numbers, had to go through directory....

It is Lexus Gb that are selling the updates via the website and the page http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ has a contact link at bottom left giving the normal instructions to contact Lexus as

"Contact your local Lexus Centre by using the Find a Lexus Centre option shown opposite. Alternatively, call the Lexus GB Contact Centre on: 0845 278 8888" this was the number i called and they said to go to dealer, but if i had problems to go back to them. My disk came from Belgium and telling the telephone contact that bit information seemed to make them click as far as where i purchased from is concerned.

Give them a call & good luck.

• 12 years later...

I've just bought a 55 reg. GS300 and can't find anything in both manuals as to the location of Sat/Nav player.  There's something in the boot R/H side under the carpet.  I'll have a closer look tomorrow as I'm busy sussing, snagging and detailing it before I put it on the road.  Anyone help me please 

I'll have to get a torch as I've been in there and checked the pollen filter which was very clean.  They're generally ignored and dirty. There wasn't any manuals with the car so I bought a complete set, 7 manuals /booklets and sat/nav disc in its sleeve, in the Lexus wallet in lovely nick. I want to try the S/N disc before I leave feed back for the seller.

Thanks for that.. It's well camouflaged though.  I found nothing in the index of the manual S/N DVD wise but it is in the manual on pages 10 &11. Open the glove box lid, push "MENU" button, touch "MAP DVD"  switch and touch "DVD" switch in bottom left hand corner of the screen.

I said in an earlier post I bought a full wallet of manuals in excellent nick including the Sat/Nav disc but it doesn't work. The disc with the car is fine. The pic on the left is my disc and it's the other one which won't play. The Europe disc is marked.....86271  53060,     86271  60V660   2005/2006 Ver 1.   The white Lexus one  V11.0  04/2006.  Any thoughts on that before I inform the eBay seller. 

IMG_7006.JPG

all my satnav discs have looked like the one on the left. the one one the right i would guess would be a dvd of manuals or similar but would only run on computer not car

Just had a brainwave or was it a brain storm!!!.  I tried the "dodgy disc"in my HDD home recorder on HDD setting and it didn't work so tried DVD setting and up came 83 Jpeg's on what looks like a Lexus promotional CD with the whole range from Is up to SC.  The date on the disc is 2006 which fits nicely with the face lift LS430 with 5 spoke alloys shown on the disc. I wonder if these were part of the new car package for the new owner.  

Tried the "dodgy disc" in the PC and it looks like a show room  catalogue of all Lexus models from about 2007/08 but no music or commentary . That clears that up.