Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Se Vs Sport

DeanoC

I know, i know im full of questions today but this place is just too good.

Basically im finding that its much easier to find an SE over a sport.

As i understand it the sport gains:

LSD

Steering wheel

Pedals

Scuff Plates

Rear Spoiler

Rear tint

Exhaust Trim

Lower Suspension.

All of them dont bother me and most are probably things i would change.

However its the LSD thats got me thinking........... is it a genuine benefit and how easy (expensive) is it to fit one to an SE?

Thanks so much guys.

Oh and what do we think of this:

Click Here for Autotrader Ad

I know, i know im full of questions today but this place is just too good.

Basically im finding that its much easier to find an SE over a sport.

As i understand it the sport gains:

LSD

Steering wheel

Pedals

Scuff Plates

Rear Spoiler

Rear tint

Exhaust Trim

Lower Suspension.

All of them dont bother me and most are probably things i would change.

However its the LSD thats got me thinking........... is it a genuine benefit and how easy (expensive) is it to fit one to an SE?

Thanks so much guys.

Oh and what do we think of this:

Click Here for Autotrader Ad

yeh that seems to cover most of the differences.

one point though is that im pretty sure the se also comes with a steering wheel :lol:

Car looks nice apart from the interior - not my cup of tea. Interiors should be one colour only - black. But thats just personal opinion.

Could just be the light/bad pic but the exaust tip seems to be the standard SE type - I thought all sports had a larger chrome tip? Unless it was removed to get the rear skirt to fit or something?

Yea im not a fan of that cream interior with the dark dash etc.

Also i have been checking out loads more pics and i dont like that kit.

I like the one you have codlord........ Now is that a factory fit item (TRD as i understand it?)

I am from Braintree / Chelmsford Aaron.

But then again this pic makes me want that kit!!

I reckon you dont get skirts on the aero 2's?

273341155_028c50eb75.jpg

I don't think the skirts are part of the factory option kit.

You can purchase the TRD side skirts from the dealers. Best bet would be to contact Chris.S on here, he'll give you a good deal.

On some of the last is200 to be sold, some had TRD sideskirts + rear lip on them :D some of the se models came with sat/nav and full leather :o

Car looks nice apart from the interior - not my cup of tea. Interiors should be one colour only - black. But thats just personal opinion.

Could just be the light/bad pic but the exaust tip seems to be the standard SE type - I thought all sports had a larger chrome tip? Unless it was removed to get the rear skirt to fit or something?

Don't start on the cream interior thing! :winky: I love mine and was one of my requirements but everyone is different, that's what makes life interesting.

ps very tactfully put codlord, you really wanted to put, cream interior is :sick: didn't you. LOL :lol:

Have a word with Kaz about the side skirts, he's got a great contact for them, personaly the rear spoiler is a bit of a waste as it only adds a few mill to the bumper and to me seams like alot of money for what you get but the rest of the kit looks great like codlords tte bumper but they do do a splitter add on, seen them on a couple, there's just to small parts that go either side of the standard bumper and they look similar to the TTE bumper if you put a sports grill in aswell.

Craig :D

On some of the last is200 to be sold, some had TRD sideskirts + rear lip on them :D some of the se models came with sat/nav and full leather :o

I'd agree with this, the Sport models are unnecessarily overpriced if you're not too bothered about the extra little bits. Instead if you go for an SE, you'd be able to go slightly newer, where anything '04' onwards had full leather, and anything '05' onwards had satnav too - much better way to go imo.

Plus I just had the styling kit fitted to my car (as below), and all the parts cost under £200, so if you know a good bodyshop, it can be very cheap indeed :winky:

199595789.jpg

trd bodykit comprises of front lip, rear lip, and sideskirts

tte bodykit comprises of front bumper and rear lip, they do not do any sideskirts

with the tte rear lip, it is designed to be fitted with the tte exhaust,

of which there are two models,

one is slightly longer to clear the rear lip

:)

ps very tactfully put codlord, you really wanted to put, cream interior is :sick: didn't you. LOL :lol:
No comment ;)

The side skirts on mine I think are TRD (well, thay have TRD stickers on anyway). Not sure on the rest of the kit as I just bought the car as you see it.

Can anyone deffo confirm what all the kit bits are?

lexus_01.JPG

lexus_02.JPG

lexus_03.JPG

I had an IS200 SE for about 18 months (now gone)... The side skirts and body kit were all standard on the last few of the old shape (prior to the new IS), so mine looked like a sport, had full leather, Sat-Nav, electric seats etc but did not have an LSD...

I presume that the TRD stickers are just that Lexus UK forgot to remove them!

Seems expensive to me that care - mine was a 05 and would only have been about 1k more at the garage (though I have no idea on the value of sports models)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links