Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Headlight 100watt Off Road Bulbs

Hi,

is it possible to get 100Watt off road bulbs for the headlights? I have tried many places but they dont have them for the lexus, they only have standard. Standard are too low and don't shine too far unless you put ur full beams on, but cant do that otherwise ull jst coz someone to crash. my mate has it for his bmw 3 series and it looks good, covers plenty of ground with long range and its bright.

anyone know anything that i could get or any website that does them?

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Yeah I looked into it, and my mate has it as well .looks nice. I want to get the crystal white 6000/6500K.

Are they good? what is the range like?

I duno abt the 8000k , its got a tint of blue in it, and i duno if i would want my car to look neddy, or should i say Chavvy/skally like? lol

Dont go for 8k's the light from them is rubbish.

HID's are the simple, plug and play, now affordable solution.

I have basically a full halogen rally spec setup (Around 900w total) that is way brighter than HID's but uses loads of juice, takes ages to do and costs more money (not worth it).

4.3k:

DSCF0928.jpg

If you dont go down the HID route i would recommend PIAA bulbs but as im sure your aware any decent light from halogens will mean they are not raod legal.

Well its comes down to how much you want to spend....... a HID kit from hids4u.co.uk Is a couple of hundred quid. A pair of decent PIAA halogen bulbs are about £80.

Im no lexus guru but as i understand it in the IS the dipped are 9006 HB4's and the mains are 9005 HB3'S

So you have to decide how much you want to pay (The only really viable bi-xenon setup comes with H4's so i would only get HID replacements on the dipped).

You can go PIAA halogens £84.99 - 2nd from bottom: Click here for halogens

Or you go HID which will be better £209 - Click here for HIDs

I hope that is of some help.

To sum up your not going to get halogens better than HID's unless you spend a fair chuck of money, I have 3 sets of them £85 PIAA's custom made inverters to boost the power to 15v, custom made filters to flatten out ripple voltages, a whole new lighting loom with switch gear to be able to handle the current etc....... like i say not worth it but i thought it was a good idea a the time.

Oh and yes if you go for HID's i would say 6.5k is a safe bet, nice exec look to them and very good light on the roads.

Thank you so much!!! thanks man.

I am going for the HID Kit. A mate of mine can get me it for 130 and the person will install it for me and i get 3 year warranty.

Only one last question, 4300K or 6000K or 6500K ? which one of these shall i get if im going for the Extreme White colour option on the bulb. Which is the best performance in the above 3 ( which would be brighter and better looking) ?

Peoples opinions differ but i believe 6500k is the best comprimise between looks and performance.

If you want better performance go 6000k, if you want a bluer more HID look then go 7000k.

Do you know any details about these kits? Like the ballasts used etc?

Only one last question, 4300K or 6000K or 6500K ? which one of these shall i get if im going for the Extreme White colour option on the bulb. Which is the best performance in the above 3 ( which would be brighter and better looking) ?

Brightest would be 4300K. The K (Kelvin unit) refers only to the colour temperature, and not the brightness. Brightness is measured in Lumens. 4100K setups are approx 20% brighter than 6000K.

That's why most OEM HIDs are around 4100K or 4300K, it's the closest to natural daylight, but also kinda yellow looking.

In terms of better looking, that's subjective. The 4300K might be too yellow looking for ya.

The 6000K and 6500K will be much more bluer looking than the 4300K. Blue light is more fatiguing to the eyes, both to oncoming traffic and to the driver. Oncoming cars will see your lights for only a brief time, but as the driver, you must deal with it for the duration of your drive. The bluer the tint cast on the road and surrounding area, the more quickly your eyes become tired.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much!!! thanks man.

I am going for the HID Kit. A mate of mine can get me it for 130 and the person will install it for me and i get 3 year warranty.

got the number of your mate?

hahaha u being serious? where u from? My mate knows a guy who does this job, I shall try and get the number of that person for you. I know sounds dodgy, I don't know much about the person myself either, just my mate knows him and said he can order it for me and it will take a week, ive postponed it till i get back from my holiday.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links