Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In the past the warning light came on so I expected the pads to be worn. It turned out to be a brake light bulb. I've changed 2 bulbs on getting this light so when it came on again I was searching for dead bulbs but there were none.

I bought a complete set of pads after checking in Lexus service to find that the front ones had only been changed once. So I changed the front ones.

Warning light still on.

So I changed the back ones.

Warning light still on.

MOT test all lights checked - passed.

Warning light still on.

Rechecked the assembly re. pad sensors all correct.

Warning light still on.

Any suggestions re. getting the light to go off? It always went off when the bulbs were replaced.

Is there a service dept reset?

Is there another reason why the light should be on ????

Perplexed of St. Ives.

yup fluid is fine.

If the wires are broken wouldn't the light be off?

Doesn't the light come on when the circuit is made......unless the wire insulation is broken of course???

BTW the sensor front is £57.00 and I guess the rear is similar price, as much as the pads themselves!

Me old Merc used to have a simple wire brush peeking through the pad and I thought that was sophisticated!

had the same problem a month ago, the break fluid was 3mm below the full mark, so out of frustrasion topped it up to the full mark light went out.

make sure that you use the correct type fluid, i topped up with a universal fluid (don't no if this is compatible ) a week after the master cylinder rubbers started to fail, the pedal whent to the floor.

got it replaced at LEXUS Poole dorset £640.00, AAAAH AH AH (was it a coincident or was it the universal fluid!!!)

Regards Syd

I've had the same problem with the brake light on my dash since changing the rear pads myself...

There was no wear sensor on them, and a straight forward swap.

I checked the front ones, and on reading this, I think I may have an open circuit..

The light goes out of it's wet or damp as well!!!

I'll have to double check the front pads again I think! :winky:

OK not an LS but my brake light is on all the time, only goes off going round right hand corners and under braking, so must be the fluid level!

I know that the front pads are low and I have a set of disks and pads ordered, the fluid level is about half way between max and min so I don't worry about it. Don't want to top up and mix fluids or use the old tin of DOT4 on the garage shelf so will put up with it till I check the disk wear and replace whats needed :D

• 2 years later...
OK not an LS but my brake light is on all the time, only goes off going round right hand corners and under braking, so must be the fluid level!

I know that the front pads are low and I have a set of disks and pads ordered, the fluid level is about half way between max and min so I don't worry about it. Don't want to top up and mix fluids or use the old tin of DOT4 on the garage shelf so will put up with it till I check the disk wear and replace whats needed :D

Interesting. I too am getting the ! warning starting to appear, which will on occasion go out on applying the brakes, or of its own accord. Will check the pads on my 92 LS400. Brakes appear fine in operation.

What is the normal amount of clicks to apply the parking brake - mine, IMHO appears excessive, and may indicate that the rears are a problem and need replacement, but that's just my opinion?

Thanks.

The car is still a great joy to drive and own.