Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nurburgring 2007

lee_iceman

Ok, as the title suggests. Possibly another trip to Germany/Nurburgring.

The opening dates/times for next year have now been published on nurburgring website.

Dates of full weekends

Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon - 6th/7th/8th/9th April (Easter weekend again)

Sat/Sun - 16th/17th June

Sat/Sun - 23rd-24th June

Not much of a selection but it is open most Sundays though.

Anyone have any preference to dates? Link to opening dates/times

I know it was pretty busy last Easter but I don't think that really stopped the enjoyment.

Link to last April pictures

Link to last August pictures

List of interested:

Lee

Damien

Rsarin

Bazza

Maneesh

Gord (Last weekend)

Steve (Last weekend)

Sanj

Paul

Dave (Last weekend)

John (Last weekend?)

Mike

Edited by lee_iceman

Couunt me and Paul in as well :winky: We should be ok for any dates....

saying that I might be going there sooner than above dates....no confirmed yet ;) But either way will go again will LOC crew :D

• 1 month later...

given that we are travelling on easter weekend, surely we should be booking up ferries/eurotunnel nowish to get best prices?

Yes mate, was gonna post all the details for everyone next weekend, after pay day :)

How does travelling over on the Thursday suit everyone, then coming back on the Monday?

Can imagine that this is an unforgettable journey! How long is the drive btw?

Jamie

Usually meet at Maidstone services for the boat at 14:00, get to the hotel about 19:00.

Plus I have another 4+ hours to drive to maidstone first.

Sounds like quite a day then. I've always fancied a trip on the euro train that can carry cars.

J

We went on that last year to France, 30 mins and your in there. Works out expensive though, prefer to go by boat really, you have a longer rest before the driving starts again :)

Your more than welcome to join us, whether in your focus of a lex.

Believe me I'm tempted but the poor little Focus would struggle to keep up - maybe next year. It would be great. In the mean time, I'll just have to settle for photographs and video footage!

Do many of you go on the track then or are you spectators?

Jamie

Everyone went on the track the past 2 times we have been. Can't see the point in driving the 400miles over there and then not go on it. Even if its just at a snails pace with cruise control set to 60 ;)

Admittedly I agree. However, I've heard endless stories of damage which must worry those that go on the track.

How do you find the wear and tear on the cars?

J

If your car is in good condition and maintained properly you'll have no problems. You just put the risk of crashing to the back of your mind, its not all about going the fastest its about enjoying the track and weekend.

The only damage I had last time, was on my front spoiler, scraping the tops of the curbs and a curbed alloy but that was my own fault really :blush:

I suppose so, but you really do have to be careful as it's so easy to loose your pride and joy.

J

I was speaking to a chap at the Trafford Centre who owned a Porsche and he had just got back from the Nurburgring circuit and he had more or less survived but he too had curbed a rim.

He was telling me that when he was coming back through France, he skidded off on a roundabout and damaged the whole of the passenger side. Panel beater and respray jobby. Ooooch!

J

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk