Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Express

T7RY B

The only thing Peugeots seem to have over cars in their class in a super comfy ride....

My last car was a pug. Never again.

Was in the garage every three months with Anitpollution fault etc on the dash.

Warranty ended and they wanted £800 to replace piston valve tappets.Among various other costly repairs

Car had only done 15k. Complete joke. Obvoiusly a manufacturing fault.

Will never buy a French car again.

The only thing Peugeots seem to have over cars in their class in a super comfy ride....

My last car was a pug. Never again.

Was in the garage every three months with Anitpollution fault etc on the dash.

Warranty ended and they wanted £800 to replace piston valve tappets.Among various other costly repairs

Car had only done 15k. Complete joke. Obvoiusly a manufacturing fault.

Will never buy a French car again.

Shame on you............

You should never have bought one in the first place :lol:

My last car was Citroen C5. Never again...

after reading the article: "Yes, the manual gearbox is poor"

What the hell do they mean? The box is great! Better than the beemers 320d!

after reading the article: "Yes, the manual gearbox is poor"

What the hell do they mean? The box is great! Better than the beemers 320d!

Seems strange to compare the Lexus with a Peugeot? Surely its a fairer test to compare it with the Mercs, BMWs, Audi's etc?

That was the idea of the test I think, do you go for the small, less well-equipped prestige car, or top spec family car? - guess they picked the Lexus as the best of the BMW, Audi, Merc group :)

Totally agree with the French car comment, once is more than enough for one lifetime :duh:

Tis a shame though, car service my company uses normally use E-class mercs, but last time I got picked up was in one of those new Citroen C6s, which was actually really nice to be chauffered in :o

The 407 is a serious step backwards for Pug's.

Neither does it ride well, nor does it engage you in any way...poor gear change, noisy engines, cheap interiors! The handling is pretty tidy though, it looks modern, and is biggish...but that's it.

The 406 was a better car than the 407, whilst plagued with dodgy Injectors, electrical problems etc, was smooth, comfortable, and very refined unless you thrashed it.I had 2, and nothing rattled :o fell off or broke...except the gear box :tomato:

I cannot believe that you could compare a Pug with a Lex tho'. The Lexus is in a different league...

Just the thought of residual values on a Pug make your brain bleed!

A fairer comparison could have been a Mondeo Ghia X/Titanium 2.2 TDCi, New Passatt 170 or even a Honda Accord CDTi. But the Lexus would probably have trounced them too.

Having said this, I was mightily impressed by the new Bora - which is a very good car (though a bit dull inside).

Hmm, driven both compared cars and imho. both suffer from too much weight. Use to own a few 205 gti's, 306 gti and 405 mit16 which where very good in their segment, comparable cars nowadays weight 300 till 500 kg more.

The lexus will win on most points exept on the motor. however Hdi's and the 3.0 PSA petrol are much nicer motors to drive than the ones toyota produces.

We own an 807 and an IS220d.

I would say that the 220d wins hands down except:

* NO rattles in my 807.

* NO nanny festures - I can enter a NAV destination as I drive along if I wish to.

* Where's the video input on the 220d - I can plug an external video source into the 807 and output it to the screen.

* NO stonechips on the 807, more mileage on the 807, yet the 220d is peppered.

* I can also send and receive text messages on the 807's telephonic system. Not as "convenient" as the 220d Bluetooth though.

The 220d cost me £8k more than the 807. Whilst in every other way the 220d is a more refined and better car, Lexus could still learn a thing or two from the French and really improve the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links