Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Shock Absorbers

tdc

Hi,

I got quoted £170 for a single shock absorber from toyota, decided to go with buypartsby for a total cost of £202 for a full set of front and rear shock absorbers, toyota would have cost £680!!!

Can anyone tell me if the kyb shock absorbers which have been mentioned several times on the forum are the same on a 00 is200 sport

Thanks

td

• 7 months later...

I had same prob mate!

Lexus Reading quoted me £652 for all for!

I managed to pick up OEM ones off eBay front for £45!

And KYB rears for £108

As far as I am aware the shcoks are standard for all models from 99-05!

And KYB make OEM shocks for Jap cars anyhow!

• 4 months later...
I had same prob mate!

I managed to pick up OEM ones off Ebay front for £45!

And KYB rears for £108

Hi Puresilk,

My rear off side shock absorber starting to weep. Looking through 'post' on info regarding shocks for IS 200SE and came across yours. Saved me a phone call....I was gonna give Lexus Reading a buzz for quote!

Any chance you remembering the name of Ebayer where you bought your OEM and KYB shocks?And posting it for me :winky:

Cheers mate.

I had same prob mate!

And KYB rears for £108

Hi Puresilk,

My rear off side shock absorber starting to weep. Looking through 'post' on info regarding socks for IS 200SE and came across yours. Saved me a phone call....I was gonna give Lexus Reading a buzz for quote!

Any chance you remembering the name of Ebayer where you bought your OEM and KYB shocks?And posting it for me :winky:

Cheers mate.

Dont just get the one, you always better getting in pairs :D

Hi Puresilk,

My rear off side shock absorber starting to weep. Looking through 'post' on info regarding socks for IS 200SE and came across yours. Saved me a phone call....I was gonna give Lexus Reading a buzz for quote!

Cheers mate.

Oh ha ha Gord

I just knew I should have made it clear I was gonna buy 2 shocks for the rear..........Smart ***** :P

Never fitted shocks before.....how bout you Gord........fitted shocks before?How hard or easy mate?

I had same prob mate!

And KYB rears for £108

Hi Puresilk,

Cheers mate.

Oh ha ha Gord

I just knew I should have made it clear I was gonna buy 2 shocks for the rear..........Smart ***** :P

Never fitted shocks before.....how bout you Gord........fitted shocks before?How hard or easy mate?

I have mate with his own Garage, get to use all his tools and ramp so it hard to say, coz ive never done anything like this on my drive, but yes i have changed them, not that hard, with all the tools :D

Hi Mate

I was shocked when the guy was selling OEM lexus shocks for £15 each, and he had 2 Left Hand ones!

But after some research On the IS the LH and RH shocks are exactly the same!

So i got them for £30 + delivery -£45 absolute bargain!

At the time I did ask him why they were so cheap and did he have any more, but he stated they were the last 2 and he did not have anymore!

To be honest i think it was a back of the lorry job! But lucky me I saved an arm and leg!