Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18" Alloys Ordered

Zee007

Well, I placed my order for a new set of 18" alloys (8j rim).... and before anyone asks, I have no pictures yet, you can see them at Brooklands! ;)

Question - I have been offered two options:

1) 225/40's all round

2) 225/40's at the front and 255/35's at the back

Which one should I go for and will there be any issues? :blink:

Also - Offsets, alignment etc - shall I just take it somewhere that does laser alignment and will they sort it or do I need to get them to set it to something specific?

Questions, questions - I guess Mat, Si would be best placed (as they have after market 18's), but any advice from you all is appreciated! :unsure:

Thanks in advance,

Zee :D

Zee,

I've got 225/40 on the front amd 235/40 on the rears, I know that may has 255 on the rears, I guess it's personal taste, they are both recommended settings!?! :huh:

I had no probs wiht offset and got Lexus Oxford to do the alignment as they have top of the range kit in there, also as I have had the car dropped :whistling: the tyre fitters were unable to get accurate readings for the camber etc.

You'll be able to see mine Saturday @ TDI

Si

Hands up who wants to see Zee's new rims???

Go on then, you have twisted my arm!!!

SEE ZEE'S NEW RIMS HERE

B) B) B) ;)

Good job you didnt post a picture of the REAL alloys matey.... would not have been happy.... <_<

Anyhow - any more advice on tyre sizes, alignment, camber, tracking etc.... Getting them fitted Thursday.... :yahoo:

Hands up who wants to see Zee's new rims???

Go on then, you have twisted my arm!!!

SEE ZEE'S NEW RIMS HERE

B)  B)  B)  ;)

Good job you didnt post a picture of the REAL alloys matey.... would not have been happy.... <_<

Anyhow - any more advice on tyre sizes, alignment, camber, tracking etc.... Getting them fitted Thursday.... :yahoo:

Wouldn't minilites of been better than them Zee :D

Or Rich's Merc wheels

defo not a 255 on the rear on a 8j rim, my rears are 8.5j

i would go with what simon has fitted.............

but you know this anyway as ive just spoken to you on the phone........................ :yahoo:

Thanks Matthew - as discussed, will see how the 255's fit..... ;)

And thanks for the advice on the alignment.... :D

Well folks - got my alloys today! :yahoo:

Love em to bits! :D

18" Mania Racing Vermonts in Hiper Black (Kind of Smoked silver). Tried the 255's on the back but they rubbed, so opted for 225/40's all round.

No piccies yet - but if Johnny brings his camera to Lexus Leicester tomorrow (wheel alignment) then we can post them. Otherwise, I'll make sure Johnny brings his camera to TDI on saturday....

Thanks for your advice chaps.... :)