Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

lambertpig

hi all , have just purchased a 2000(v) lexus v300 vertex.

have been a member on supra owners for a year as have supra tt also

love the lexus interior and the vvti motor is a beaut

handling is light and agile for such a big car but is it compromized by the cheap 19" wheels with 235 tyres all round?

do coilovers make a big big difference to handling ? will 17 alloys improve handling as it does on supra?

car has 114k miles and is mechanicly perfect having just had £1700 service including rear suspension work

low speed is nicer than supra refinement so much better. not as fast but fast enougth

Welcome to LOC mate, recognise you from MKIV, you bought a nice one there.

Anti-rolls and coils would make a big improvement to the ride, went out for a ride in Dave Ellen's car from Prolex which has the Tein Flex and the ARBs and it's great, ride quality was still nice and not harsh like I had on the IS.

Are you happy with it then mate?

Like you say I couldn't keep up with RobSheffield after one of the meets, the Supe really is a quick beast when it's tuned, so is the Aristo as it wafts along behind it :D

Welcome to LOC mate, recognise you from MKIV, you bought a nice one there.

Anti-rolls and coils would make a big improvement to the ride, went out for a ride in Dave Ellen's car from Prolex which has the Tein Flex and the ARBs and it's great, ride quality was still nice and not harsh like I had on the IS.

Are you happy with it then mate?

Like you say I couldn't keep up with RobSheffield after one of the meets, the Supe really is a quick beast when it's tuned, so is the Aristo as it wafts along behind it :D

im well happy think i got a good deal.

only plans are replace the tatty 19s with some nice 17/18 wheels. will look here for some or e bay.

repaint the brake disc outers as previous owner has done them red which looks naff

thinking of lowering a bit for looks rather than handling as have the supra for flying about the lexus is for wafting about with the baby seat.