Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs 300 Very Little Heat From Heater

GAS/FIZZ/BANG

I have owned a 96 GS 300 since the summer and very pleased with it too! I have previously owned 5 series BMW's the last being a 535 manual. The spec of the Lexus, the ride,the stereo all surpasses the BM's spec although it does'nt quite have the punch of the 535, perhaps this is due to the extra weight of the Lexus.

With one of my previous BM's the electronic heater valve packed up and gave me a luke warm heater. My Lexus has the same problem ie the engine warms up fine, so no thermostat probs, the heater blows luke warm on a run but on idle blows very cool. My question to any one with any knowledge of this problem, has this car got a similar valve? Thanks in advance for any info

I have owned a 96 GS 300 since the summer and very pleased with it too! I have previously owned 5 series BMW's the last being a 535 manual. The spec of the Lexus, the ride,the stereo all surpasses the BM's spec although it does'nt quite have the punch of the 535, perhaps this is due to the extra weight of the Lexus.

With one of my previous BM's the electronic heater valve packed up and gave me a luke warm heater. My Lexus has the same problem ie the engine warms up fine, so no thermostat probs, the heater blows luke warm on a run but on idle blows very cool. My question to any one with any knowledge of this problem, has this car got a similar valve? Thanks in advance for any info

not sure on the heater valve, if it is anything like the IS200/300/altezza, the heater matrix is constant fed with coolant from the engine, its is the electronic controlled flaps in the heater box that open up to allow flow into the cabin, when you change the settings, can you hear the control flaps moving in the heater box behind the centre console

Edited by Monster-Mat

not sure on the heater valve, if it is anything like the IS200/300/altezza, the heater matrix is constant fed with coolant from the engine, its is the electronic controlled flaps in the heater box that open up to allow flow into the cabin, when you change the settings, can you hear the control flaps moving in the heater box behind the centre console

I know that it has a matrix which i don't believe is blocked and this car has climate so no flaps to hear moving about. If the car is reving the water pump is working harder to pump the water and does flow warmer but as I have said as soon as in traffic or ticking over pumping rate decreases and so does the temperature so I would think it is a restriction problem. perhaps as I said a valve or an electronic one.

Problem sorted ! Had a fiddle today with the obvious, found the cable that exits the bulkhead on the offside that operates the valve was not operating the lever that controls the water flow to the heater ( got that ?) so a little manual persuasion was all that was needed. Had better cancel the new valve asap !

Finding the forum with some usefull imformation anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links